1. The only reason for my collection to still be accessed every now and then are the U2 bootlegs and rarities
  2. I suggest mp3tagz for your music mp3 libraries. I've been using it during Quarantine.
  3. Stubbornness. I was too set in my ways, held too much affection for an iTunes library created in 2008. When Spotify arrived on the scene I was still using an iPod heavily and iTunes was still really the only way to manage things and it just stuck.

But yeah, already I wonder why I didn’t cut the chains earlier. I was an iPhone user when Apple Music launched and I never took it up. I did use Spotify from time to time, to listen to something I didn’t have or maybe if there was something new I wanted to hear, but I was never relied upon it.
  4. So we'll just call you Streamtim now. No E.
  5. I’m trippin’ on E man.
  6. Rarely I use spotify.
    (Did I say it right?)
    I prefer Youtube.
  7. Spotify is a useful tool. However, I miss browsing through my cd collection and picking out one and really listen to the whole album. Moreover, not all of my collection is on Spotify and that's not just the bootlegs from artists. Take for instance Genesis. Their last studio album, the one without Phil Collins (Calling All Stations), isn't there. Why?

My children and wife like Spotify alot and for some music I think it's rather easy. But I do miss the complete overview like I have of my cd&vinyl collection.
  8. I've taken a best of both worlds approach. I've got so much loaded onto my iPod (some of which is not available on Spotify) that I can't be bothered with the hassle of finding the same albums just to have them on that platform. But at the same time, nearly all of my new music and discovering is on Spotify.

I also approach it like a public book library. Sometimes I'll be browsing through and [borrow] pick something to listen to and either give up part way or get to the end and [return] not wanting to hear it again. I'm far more inclined to sample unknown artists as part of my monthly subscription than I ever was to gamble with a purchased download or physical CD. Have found lots of new artists that way.

Like @wgjvvenrooij one problem I have noticed with any of them, and why I sometimes still purchase music, is some albums aren't there at all or subsequently disappear.
  9. Originally posted by wgjvvenrooij:Spotify is a useful tool. However, I miss browsing through my cd collection and picking out one and really listen to the whole album. Moreover, not all of my collection is on Spotify and that's not just the bootlegs from artists. Take for instance Genesis. Their last studio album, the one without Phil Collins (Calling All Stations), isn't there. Why?

My children and wife like Spotify alot and for some music I think it's rather easy. But I do miss the complete overview like I have of my cd&vinyl collection.
    "Calling all stations" was universally slated plus it sold poorly maybe the band don't want anything to do with it now that Phil Collins is back on board.
  10. @popmarter it still sold 3 million times. Not a lot of bands do that but I can Imagine the second part of your statement. However, there are still many people who liked it. So back on topic, that is one of the reasons i am not very fond of Spotify.
  11. Spotify is good as a reference. The model that the music industry created, buy physical and own has some drawbacks. However, l really think that artists are getting not well compensated from streaming. The physical model was there to ensure investment and longevity. Even though Bono likes Spotify l think it's going to dilute content and cheapen music in the long run.