1. what do you mean "in such small time"? It is being taken down ... currently. It will probably take another day or two to complete, but it is definitely coming down. I saw a flatbed truck drive from the field out to the parking lot with a big piece of the claw leg on it.

2. Originally posted by gng007:what do you mean "in such small time"? It is being taken down ... currently. It will probably take another day or two to complete, but it is definitely coming down. I saw a flatbed truck drive from the field out to the parking lot with a big piece of the claw leg on it.

I mean, the news of the surgery and the postponing have been published less than 3 hours ago... I wouldn't have thought they had already started to dismantle it.

I'm really really sorry for you guys. Thanks for all your work this days, Greg, thanks in the name of the whole U2 community
  3. I've updated the initial post with the full Paul McG. extract, thanks to Drew who posted it on the other thread

"The band were really looking forward to getting back out on the road until the emergency surgery on Bono's back, which took place in Munich today. We were due to start rehearsals on Tuesday in Salt Lake City and get the show ready for the next leg. There were gonna be some changes and some new material. It's unfortunate that we're inconveniencing fans. We will make plans to reinstate these dates as soon as possible. Obviously, it's been very disruptive for our crew, as well; we have over 400 people converging on Salt Lake City, and some of them have been turned around and told to stay at home until we make our new plan. We hope to get things resolved as soon as possible. Keep watching U2.com and you'll get the information as soon as we can get it out to you. Signing off, this is Paul McGuinness."

http://media.u2.com/pmg-audio.mp3
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I mean, the news of the surgery and the postponing have been published less than 3 hours ago... I wouldn't have thought they had already started to dismantle it.

I'm really really sorry for you guys. Thanks for all your work this days, Greg, thanks in the name of the whole U2 community

+1 for thanking Greg hopefully if U2 go back we can call upon you again
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    ...the news of the surgery and the postponing have been published less than 3 hours ago... I wouldn't have thought they had already started to dismantle it.

I think the band and those on the inside knew that SLC would be postponed/canceled more than 24 hours ago - but U2.com doesn't post that to the site until it is absolutely, positively going to happen. I bet the stage manager in SLC had the order to start dismantling yesterday.

In fact, it makes sense because when I went to RES last night at about 8:00, the sun was still up but nobody was working on the stage at all - it was empty. They must have received the news about Bono and told everybody to go home until further notice.
  6. So now what do we do? WAIT? How long will it be before we have another official update from U2.com? I'm afraid the first 5 shows will be canceled or something like that.

I can't just sit here and stare at my screen, hitting refresh every 5 minutes, waiting for a new update from U2.com! Isn't anybody in the city where Bono is in the hospital right now? .... go to some spying work and let us know! I want to know if he is able to even walk right now. I really want to know the specifics of his surgery.

7. I doub the specifice will be made known. We know that he isn't fit and we will be made aware when he's up and running again. I predict a long delay. Back problems can be a bitch and they won't risk him going on the road if he's not 110% because if it goes again when on the road. . .

Best to let him recover fully then pick up the peices and replan the tour.
  8. Best of luck to Bono, I hope he'll be better soon. That mustn't be easy for him. I have pain in my back too. I'll get an appointment with a chiropractor...
  9. Originally posted by gng007:So now what do we do? WAIT? How long will it be before we have another official update from U2.com? I'm afraid the first 5 shows will be canceled or something like that.

I can't just sit here and stare at my screen, hitting refresh every 5 minutes, waiting for a new update from U2.com! Isn't anybody in the city where Bono is in the hospital right now? .... go to some spying work and let us know! I want to know if he is able to even walk right now. I really want to know the specifics of his surgery.

Maybe even more shows - we'll see. Fingers crossed.
  10. Feel sorry for you Greg after all your hard work, but also for others planning to go.

But health comes first, hope he recovers soon.

Think long distance flights are a no go now, then also the combination with Glastonbury, too much strain
  11. What we need now.. A MIRACLE DRUG !
  12. Wow, pretty crazy....I sold my Seattle tickets last week and shipped them yesterday.