1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Hahaha yes, we bash him quite often (sometimes, deservedly) but one can't deny the greatness of many of his vocal lines. MW seems like an easy song to sing but it's consistently high range (bar the bridge) and is far from being easily attainable for a non trained singer.
    Yess ahha, I'm not gonna lie I had a couple of pints to build up the Dutch courage but goodness me it was hard to sing - I did some snippets in the breakdown and in the 'move spirit move' section and my friends were all so impressed, I had to admit to them that I nicked them ahahah
  2. There's a couple of U2 songs that are hard to sing not per-se for the high peak notes but for the mid-high range verses that also have a lot of letters that are harder to sing in that range. Words starting with letters like J, M and H aren't comfortable to pitch to even in the mid-range. Elevation is another energy-depleter like that, not because of the high notes, but because of that consistent high-mid range verse combined with words that don't sing very well in that register

Vertigo, Bad and Streets are (imo) much easier to sing even though the peaks are higher. Imo dynamics and the right words matter a lot in terms of how hard they are to sing. Red Hill Mining Town for example is (for me) easier because of that and pretty sure Bono could have done the album tuning on a good day in '17, as the live version was just 1 step down.
  3. I am a Karaoke King, but I have never attempted a U2 song. I have a lower voice. I usually can do a pretty good Roy Orbison or Elvis, or if I'm rockin' it's Eddie Veder or Scott Weiland. I used to do an acoustic open mic night, and ISHFWILF was one of my regulars. But I would always play it an entire key lower, because I can't sing like Bono for shit!
  4. Originally posted by melon51:There's a couple of U2 songs that are hard to sing not per-se for the high peak notes but for the mid-high range verses that also have a lot of letters that are harder to sing in that range. Words starting with letters like J and M aren't comfortable to pitch to even in the mid-range. Elevation is another energy-depleter like that, not because of the high notes, but because of that high-mid range verse combined with words that don't sing very well in that register Vertigo, Bad and Streets are (imo) easier to sing even though the peaks are higher
    Indian Summer Sky is another one that can finish you off quickly if you go for it
  5. Originally posted by podiumboy:I am a Karaoke King, but I have never attempted a U2 song. I have a lower voice. I usually can do a pretty good Roy Orbison or Elvis, or if I'm rockin' it's Eddie Veder or Scott Weiland. I used to do an acoustic open mic night, and ISHFWILF was one of my regulars. But I would always play it an entire key lower, because I can't sing like Bono for shit!
    How about She's A Mystery then?
  6. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:[..]
    Yess ahha, I'm not gonna lie I had a couple of pints to build up the Dutch courage but goodness me it was hard to sing - I did some snippets in the breakdown and in the 'move spirit move' section and my friends were all so impressed, I had to admit to them that I nicked them ahahah
    Ohhh snippets during karaoke, what a hero. I'm in your team
  7. Oops I did it again... (snippet)
  8. Time for some more karaoke snippets