1. Originally posted by miryclay:Fun facts: U2 have been posting about Pop on Twitter the last few days and also the Underworld guy is actually the Switch remixer of gooyow.
    You're right, they've posted about Pop like two or three times, which I would bet is probably more than they've posted anything about in the last 15 years...

Hopefully it means something. Come on guys. One song as a regular on the tour. Just one. Please.
  2. Originally posted by pleasegone:I'm a huge Pop fan...guess my name Pleasegone gives that away. I remember reading that they scrapped an entire album, calling it crap...which likely was most of what is on Pop, but mixed and altered. Here goes another of my pipe dreams....

Pop Deluxe:

Disc 1-original album remastered(though it doesn't really need it)
    Disc 2-"Diet Pop" scrapped version of the Album. Yeah, bad awful unfunny pun intended.
    Disc 3-Pure Demos of album
    Disc 4-More Demos/Outtakes
    Disc 5-B Sides/Remixes
    Disc 6-More Remixes
    Discs 7-8 Leeds Show
    Discs 9-10 Tempe Show
    Discs 11-12 Sarajevo Show

DVD 1 Las Vegas Show
    DVD 2 Edmonton Show
    DVD 3 Sao Paulo Show
    DVD 4 Miami Show
    DVD 5 VIdeos/TV Specials/Documentaries
    DVD 6 Other TV Performances/10 various bonus live performances

Notice I did not include the Mexico show, and there is a promise on the boxset signed by Paul McCa$hes that there will be no single release with any of the DVDs with an extra
    minute or two. He swears that this monster set has all useable material, and that people who like Pop are likely to fork over a lot of money for it.

Box Set will be limited numbered edition of 20000 at $200....and the only new insight will be a 3 minute apology from Bono saying he never really meant that "Pop" was a hangover, and now thinks it is the Party everybody claims they went to.

Reality:

Pop album;
    Popmart tour live from mexico city;
    Bonus DVD featuring all the album videoclips and documentaries from Popmart 2007, Sarajevo Documentary.
  3. Originally posted by pleasegone:I'm a huge Pop fan...guess my name Pleasegone gives that away. I remember reading that they scrapped an entire album, calling it crap...which likely was most of what is on Pop, but mixed and altered. Here goes another of my pipe dreams....

Pop Deluxe:

Disc 1-original album remastered(though it doesn't really need it)
    Disc 2-"Diet Pop" scrapped version of the Album. Yeah, bad awful unfunny pun intended.
    Disc 3-Pure Demos of album
    Disc 4-More Demos/Outtakes
    Disc 5-B Sides/Remixes
    Disc 6-More Remixes
    Discs 7-8 Leeds Show
    Discs 9-10 Tempe Show
    Discs 11-12 Sarajevo Show

DVD 1 Las Vegas Show
    DVD 2 Edmonton Show
    DVD 3 Sao Paulo Show
    DVD 4 Miami Show
    DVD 5 VIdeos/TV Specials/Documentaries
    DVD 6 Other TV Performances/10 various bonus live performances

Notice I did not include the Mexico show, and there is a promise on the boxset signed by Paul McCa$hes that there will be no single release with any of the DVDs with an extra
    minute or two. He swears that this monster set has all useable material, and that people who like Pop are likely to fork over a lot of money for it.

Box Set will be limited numbered edition of 20000 at $200....and the only new insight will be a 3 minute apology from Bono saying he never really meant that "Pop" was a hangover, and now thinks it is the Party everybody claims they went to.

Now, that'd be epic!
  4. I love all of that except the limited part and the price.

5. I’ve probably heard this before but love it... been hooked on that U2 Hong Kong pop outtakes clip on you tube then found this. Love when it kicks in around 1.55
  6. Nice! Only heard the instrumentaal from the single
  7. This was made available by U2.COM on the 2011 subscribers gift CD Duals .
  8. That I'm Not Your Baby song is epic. Although it's definitely a b-side. What a mix and the band is on fire. It's absolutely far more interesting than everything U2 released after 2004. The Dirty Day (bitter kiss mix) on that Please single is also excellent. Personally I like the Hexidemical Mix of Discotheque a lot. The recent Kygo mix can't compete with this in any way. It's a shame U2 will probably never release a super deluxe edition of POP.
  9. Just confirms that the band were at their coolest in 1995/1997... both musically and image wise.