1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Oh don't get me wrong, I have had tickets to see them twice before (even though I ended up selling them for different reasons) so I'd really LOVE to see them. I'm sure it's all one big party. More than anything else I was just unsure about their sound as a live band - obviously it would depend heavily on the venue and setup, but virtually every recording I've listened to -including broadcasts- just doesn't cut it.

I know that they are amongst a select few bands that just have to be seen as the best of recordings just won't do them justice.

That's what some people here need to get a grip about regarding some U2 concerts that just do not translate at all well from live recordings as opposed to being there (a prime example is the U2 360 show from Rose Bow, Pasadenal. I was there and apart from initial sound problems which meant they cut the opener of Breathe, then the rest was great. The YouTube broadcast and subsequent official release will never do that show justice).
  2. Do not pass up an opportunity to see them.
  3. Thank you both!
  4. I do hope you get to see them as I know you are really into your music. I think they really are one of those bands to experience and see that just do not translate half as good to live recordings.
    Of all the places I have seen them, I am surprised to say that the best have been at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff which is not too clever for sound. But when Arcade Fire played there it was fantastic.
  5. Our new song The Lightning I, II comes out on Thursday (March 17th) 2PM ET/11AM PT.
    Pre-save: https://af.lnk.to/Save
    Here’s the chords to make it a little easier to play.
    WE really missed you⚡️
    ❤️
    AF

6. Can’t wait!!
  7. Love it.

Goooooosebumps at the 3.15 mark.

8. _OI’m not the biggest AF fan but I’m definitely digging it. Not my favorite band but it’s funny that they do have some of my favorite songs ever. And the album comes out early May! Not august!
  9. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    _OI’m not the biggest AF fan but I’m definitely digging it. Not my favorite band but it’s funny that they do have some of my favorite songs ever. And the album comes out early May! Not august!
    Hahaha yeah, I agree with everything you said.

I posted this over 10 years ago and I still feel the same way about AF. Can't say why.

10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Hahaha yeah, I agree with everything you said.

I posted this over 10 years ago and I still feel the same way about AF. Can't say why.

[..]
    Fuckin LOVE this more and more every listen. Incredible transition to part 2