1. I like them all, in different degrees: Stingray > North Start > Glastonbury

Starting the show with an instrumental is showing they have balls, it's the best show beggining since Mofo. They have to change the lights, though, to make it a little more intriguing. Let Space Oddity finish and then turn lights off; go to the stage and start with Stingray (with the lights off yet) and then turn them in when the crescendo tops in. And go to Beautiful Day (or even better, any other track!!!) a bit quicker, please!! 10 seconds pause = fail.

North Star is a nice little thing that needs developing for sure, but I'm liking at first glance. Seems a fantastic song to play when you're with friends and you have beer and a guitar. I'm definitely doing that when I learn the lyrics and the chords.

And Glastonbury... well, I actually pretty much like it, but it seems (as said before) a bit like a HTDAAB b-side. A good one, but a little stuck in that era and sound. I like it, but I think they can do better.
  2. Love Stingray, dislike Glastonbury and North Star is like yahweh. Put it in the encore though.
  3. Agree with Sergio. The transition from Stingray to BD should be quicker. No pause.
  4. A guy in youtube, regarding Glastonbury :

nugiepearljamfan
    27 minutes ago

This is already sounding like a u2 classic up there with the like's of hawkmoon 269 and alex desend's into hell for a bottle of milk. very, very rocky.
  5. Right..haha

Glastonbury sounds good to me, was already swinging trough my head after 2 listens. North Star, sounds nice but need to grow on me I assume. Better than Stuck.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:I like them all, in different degrees: Stingray > North Start > Glastonbury

Starting the show with an instrumental is showing they have balls, it's the best show beggining since Mofo. They have to change the lights, though, to make it a little more intriguing. Let Space Oddity finish and then turn lights off; go to the stage and start with Stingray (with the lights off yet) and then turn them in when the crescendo tops in. And go to Beautiful Day (or even better, any other track!!!) a bit quicker, please!! 10 seconds pause = fail.

North Star is a nice little thing that needs developing for sure, but I'm liking at first glance. Seems a fantastic song to play when you're with friends and you have beer and a guitar. I'm definitely doing that when I learn the lyrics and the chords.

And Glastonbury... well, I actually pretty much like it, but it seems (as said before) a bit like a HTDAAB b-side. A good one, but a little stuck in that era and sound. I like it, but I think they can do better.

They should go straight into Mofo after Stingray.

7. straight into the Zoo Station riff. Or Ultraviolet. Or Elevation. But Beautiful Day works as well
  8. Since you asked for lyrics...

Glastonbury

Take me to the house of rain
    You know I’m gonna never be
    Matches in a simple way
    As the structure sits along the way

Hey that`s known as the flowering rose, a flowering rose that said my name
    Kings and wine the flowering rose, the flowering rose of Glastonbury

Yeah, oh, rock and roll sunshine
    Yeah, oh, a miracle will give you time

Some things you just can`t control
    Sometimes you have to let go

Going to a brand new set
    Music it will set me right
    Nothing for the house of rain
    Nothing that has ever been

Hey that`s known as the flowering rose, a flowering rose that said my name
    Kings and wine the flowering rose, the flowering rose of Glastonbury

Yeah, oh rock n roll sunshine
    Yeah oh a miracle will give you time

Living like a pilgrim sleeping
    Under the flower of the American dream
    Set the scene like a thought worth keepin
    Livin in a dream jeez you can’t be sleepin

Yeah, oh, rock n roll sunshine
    Yeah, oh, A miracle will give you time
    Yeah, oh rock n roll sunshine
    Yo oh rock n roll sunshine
    A miracle will give you time
    A miracle will giv you time
    A miracle will let you fly
    A miracle

North Star

Forty-five men
    I used to know
    Where we grew up
    Where I wanna be
    Beside you

Every song a precious face
    No pretension
    To hide yourself from blame

I can’t wait any longer
    For your love
    I can’t wait
    I can’t wait
    I can’t wait any longer
    For it
    I can’t wait any longer
    For your love

The birds still singing for you
    As they fly above the good land
    It’s not a song of discontent
    It’s not like that
    Up in the sky

Here I am, spaced out
    All failed in the northern logic
    Guided in the universe
    Hey hey

I can’t wait any longer
    For your love
    I can’t wait
    I can’t wait
    I can’t wait any longer
    For it
    I can’t wait any longer
    For your love

And a day as it ends
    And you watch as the sun goes down
    Praying the night
    Will go quickly now
    Your hope
    Your need
    And the clouds make the sky alone
    There’s only one light that can guide you
    Guide you

I can’t wait any longer
    I can’t wait any longer
    For your love
    I can’t wait any longer
    For your love
    I can’t wait
    I can’t wait
    I can’t wait any longer
    For your love
    For your love

Take me to your body
    Show me that you want it
    You want it
    You got it
    You want it
    Child
  9. North Star lyrics certainly has a few errors. Didn't care for Glasto.
  10. Originally posted by MWSAH:Right..haha

Glastonbury sounds good to me, was already swinging trough my head after 2 listens. North Star, sounds nice but need to grow on me I assume. Better than Stuck.

Yes - I really think both songs are good. Not their best, but they're both more vital, more melodic and less sad than most of their most recent songs. If this is the new U2 course, and if there are 23 more songs like these ones, I'm very happy. The Glasto song is a little high for Bono, though. Bono, when will start singing in your comfort zone? (HMTM etc. is in the comfort zone; songs like Vertigo, NLOTH, even Breathe clearly aren't).

11. Absolutely, thought it might have been a mistake. Ideally, they need something rockier after this rocky cool intro. C'mon U2, you can be braver than that. Mofo wouldn't fit with the mood of the rest of the setlist I'm afraid.