1. Stingray is a good intro imo but as everyone says, it would be better if they turned the lights out to walk on stage, for better effect... Have yet to hear the other 2, my internet's in a slooow mood today
  2. the stingray intro makes me think of Oasis' Fuckin' In The Bushes, but it sounds unfinished, just a riff and some jamming, nothing more.

also, the Glastonbury song is close to Oasis.

North Star was meant to be a tribute to Johnny Cash when they were recording Atomic Bomb. i don't know, i's not quite there yet for me, but maybe it's a grower in time.

3. I have to agree with those who point out Oasis reminiscences... Glastonbury reminds me a bit to Morning Glory, one of my favorite Oasis songs. Specially the beggining (both begginings are similar) and the chorus (similar to the "Need a little time to wake up" part). I don't think it's something negative, just slight ressemblances. Always good
  4. Stingray is a horribly weak tune and therefore the worst show-opener in U2's history. I thought it was a joke at first, still hoping it is actually.
  5. Oh, and I like the other 2 songs. Glastonbury's riff reminds me of "Whole lotta love".

6. Indeed!! I do think this, it sounds so Led Zeppelin.
  7. Glastonbury confuses me right now, but so did half of NLOTH upon a first listen. I'll give it time.

North Star connected with me right away- one of my favorite songs of the Turin show. NEEDS to stay/get finished

Stingray is what it is. If they orchestrated the getting-on-stage, lighting, and transition into the next song (Just not BD), it could be cool, but a la Turin- Weeeeeeak.

EDIT: Just gave Glasto another listen. Here's my critque-

-The screaming at the beginning either needs to be ONE scream and go right into the riff, or it needs to disappear. It just comes off as confusing and sort of lame.
    -It needs to be faster
    -The "Some things you just can't control" part is BADASS
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:I have to agree with those who point out Oasis reminiscences... Glastonbury reminds me a bit to Morning Glory, one of my favorite Oasis songs. Specially the beggining (both begginings are similar) and the chorus (similar to the "Need a little time to wake up" part). I don't think it's something negative, just slight ressemblances. Always good

Agree with the comparison. Also one of my favorite Oasis songs. I've had North Star stuck in my head for the past day or so. I think that's a song that has a ton of potential and even works really well as is. Glastonbury is a fun song, good live. Kind of song that they don't try to write enough.
  9. Originally posted by Doc32:[..]

Agree with the comparison. Also one of my favorite Oasis songs. I've had North Star stuck in my head for the past day or so. I think that's a song that has a ton of potential and even works really well as is. Glastonbury is a fun song, good live. Kind of song that they don't try to write enough.

I can totally see Edge doing a delay-guitar part much like "Original of the Species" (album version, when Bono sings "Everywhere you go, you shout it...") Over that chorus of North Star.
  10. There's even a bit of piano in North Star right? Great song.
  11. Originally posted by JRlovesU2:Stingray is a horribly weak tune and therefore the worst show-opener in U2's history. I thought it was a joke at first, still hoping it is actually.

THIS, i've listened to it three times now and cannot see at all what the fuss is about?

Edge is just strumming his guitar with distortion in a completely boring way, it doesn't build up to anything and goes nowhere. How the hell is that a good intro? Streets, COBL, Mofo are good intro's