1. Great song, I really love it. Being addicted to it the last days
  2. I love "window.."
  3. Hi all,

Just wanted to throw in my vote, WITS will be in my opinion a huge success and i love it. My mother in law even called me up and said she likes it. Massive Beatles fan her so no surprise there,

great to be here at u2start, fantastic website.
  4. Originally posted by richHi all,

Just wanted to throw in my vote, WITS will be in my opinion a huge success and i love it. My mother in law even called me up and said she likes it. Massive Beatles fan her so no surprise there,

great to be here at u2start, fantastic website.

Yeah it's a very Beatles-like-song. Though I really enjoy the single/radio version much more than the one on U2:18. And it's has an ugly promo cover IMHO:

5. Yes the radio version of WITS is a little bit faster than the one on the Album, I can't imagine that this will be the cover of the Single, it is really ugly that thing, I hope they will change the cover because the song is really good it deserves a better cover!
  6. I've kind of rediscovered this song in the past little while. To be honest, I think it's U2's best song this past decade. I think the song, along with the video of their career represents a song in which they should have ended their career on, at least that's how part of me feels. Part of me feels like they should have ended their career with this song, and with the end of the vertigo tour, and part of me is waiting to see what they'll do next. I just hope sometime soon, in the next few albums, they start coming out with some songs as good as this one.

Alex
  7. I adore that song as well and I can totally understand your point. They should end their career with such a kind of song...uplifting with a typical U2-lyric.
  8. Originally posted by loftarasa:I adore that song as well and I can totally understand your point. They should end their career with such a kind of song...uplifting with a typical U2-lyric.

It's that kind of song. But I'm glad they didn't ended with that song, because we've had such great pleasure with NLOTH and 360.
  9. I love this song and the video! I've always felt WITS should've been the bonus track on Bomb..
  10. I had totally forgotten about this song until recently. I downloaded the single ages ago but didn't bother with Window In The skies because it was on U218. Kite is a track from the single I visit regularly because arguably, it's the best live version of that song. Anyway, I was out and about listening to live U2, as I do and I thought about Kite, head into the Window In The Skies single, scroll down from Zoo Station to Kite and I thought, I used to really like Window In The Skies, I'll listen to that instead, so I flipped over to U218 and fell in love with it again.

Looking back through this topic, I agree with what many have said about it being such an uplifting, postive track. Definitely up there with the best songs they've written in the past decade in my opinion. Yet, I feel it would be completely out of place on any of the past three albums. Which is a good thing, because it's lost on U218, waiting to be rediscovered by chance. Since hearing it again, I've bought the single.

And the video. Best game of spot the band member ever!
  11. Window In The Skies features the best videoclip U2 have pulled out since 1997
  12. OMG, it's pure beauty and a spine tingling tribute to the best and most meaningful of the Arts: