1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I don't see them ever trying it, but that's definitely a way for them to do it if they were to (singing it in a lower register like Elvis). Hell, it might even sound rad as a piano/vocal piece a la October.
    It would definitely work, no doubt, because it's such a powerful song, but I'd hate to hear it lose those shimmery, ghosty guitar and bass landscapes.

(Also another U2 song I like for its - sort of tenuous - palaeontological references; Ghost Ranch is a site where dozens of articulated skeletons of an early dinosaur species were preserved en masse, so the 'Ghost Ranch hills' bit in Heartland always conjures up images of the Late Triassic for me lol )
  2. Does anybody know what on Earth does Bono actually sing in the bold verse?

Into the side of love
    Like a burning spear
    And the poison rain
    Like dirty tears
    Through the ghostranch hills
    Death Valley waters

Sounds like brings flood or (of?) fear but I might be wrong. One of those occasions when the "official" lyrics don't have anything to do with what Bono sings in the final vocal take.
  3. Brings a flood of fear
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    You're on the money.

I'd say Pride, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses and Stay are up there too completing the 5 top vocal deliveries (in studio at least).
    Hmmm...seems you're on the money yourself as well with those 4 songs in the current set...
  5. Imagine hearing all 5 of them in the same show!

Edge, if you're reading this: Heartland is easier to play than you might remember. It's just basic Dm / C / Bb / F progression. GO FOR IT, I dare you!
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Imagine hearing all 5 of them in the same show!

Edge, if you're reading this: Heartland is easier to play than you might remember. It's just basic Dm / C / Bb / F progression. GO FOR IT, I dare you!
  7. I think U2 are going to announce something about R&H 30 today.
  8. What would it be great if the JT'17 tour after JT played only RH tracks and JT B sides including Heartland.
    Saw Pixies Doolittle anniversary tour and they played the album and all the b-sides and rarities. Now that's a celabration of an album tour.
  9. Just dropping by to say how much I love this song.