1. Sometimes i think Zooropa sounds like U2 covered a bunch of Lou Reed songs which Lou never wrote. And i mean that as a compliment.
  2. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

I agree with your thoughts on those three songs. Fantastic tunes.

An EP??? I'll give it six songs:
    Side A
    1. Zooropa
    2. Lemon
    3. Stay
    Side B
    1. Dirty Day
    2. Numb (because you can't completely change history,,,maybe omit it as a single, however).
    3. The First Time

Edit: I might have to swap a Side A song with a Side B song due to imbalanced running times.

Zooropa, Lemon, and Stay are in my top 25 U2 songs, for sure. Dirty Day and The First Time are also fantastic. This whole album is such a great reflection of their whole Zoo TV touring madness.
  3. dirtyday is u2's top 5...4me
  4. I think some days are better than other is a pretty good song too
  5. I think this album deserves to be played live in it's entirety. I remember during a band interview on the PopMart tour when asked why they didn't include songs from Zooropa in the set, Bono mentioned it was too different to the tour that time and the album would need to be played live on it's own.
  6. Superb album loved it back in 93 and love it now,Lemon is not a favourite (hey were all different) but i like the "midnight" part.
    Dirty Day,SDABTO,Stay,Zooropa wow as for Numb i say to the people who think its a load of mumbling- open your mind it is incredible!!
  7. May have said this before, but a trilogy tour would be my pick. Imagine a set list drawn entirely from Achtung Baby, Zooropa and Pop. Or my preference, Boy, October and War.
  8. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:May have said this before, but a trilogy tour would be my pick. Imagine a set list drawn entirely from Achtung Baby, Zooropa and Pop. Or my preference, Boy, October and War.
    a set list drawn entirely from Achtung Baby, Zooropa and Pop

9. Zooropa is a great album and its theme is still relevant.
  10. Deserved high rating, and great review

I absolutely adore this paragraph, even though it's more about the tour than the album:

Odd as these songs were, they fit perfectly into Zoo TV’s post-apocalyptic assault on the senses. The celestial opening of “Where the Streets Have No Name,” the Martin Luther King, Jr. sermon punctuating “Pride (In the Name of Love),” the gorgeous addiction-dirge of “Running to Stand Still”—all were wildly incongruous with the sight of square-jawed Bono covering Elvis in gold lamé fuck-me pumps and little red devil horns. The alternate reality of this tour was so complete, so utterly impenetrable, that the traditional became aberrant.

11. It should have been an EP as originally planned side 1 essentially.
    1.Zooropa
    2.Babyface
    3.Numb
    4.Lemon
    5.Stay