1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    "What is changed with the new Zooropa mix? All of the tracks are louder, and more dynamics are present between the high and low volumes in comparison to the 2011 release"

Yes, that's what a modern remaster is all about.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    "What is changed with the new Zooropa mix? All of the tracks are louder, and more dynamics are present between the high and low volumes in comparison to the 2011 release"

Yes, that's what a modern remaster is all about.
    Isn't this contradictory? If its louder and more compressed, then the dynamics between the high and low volumes are decreased.

Unless they've completely remixed it, which I highly doubt.
  3. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Isn't this contradictory? If its louder and more compressed, then the dynamics between the high and low volumes are decreased.

Yeah, it's conflicting. I guess it's only louder.
  4. And less dynamic. The original is the best one.
  5. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]

There's several tools out there that will let you analyse the dynamic range of a recording. I use a tool from MAAT digital which will perform that analysis and the 2018 release is more dynamic than the 2011 release, or the original version from 1993.

So although they amped up the volume of some pieces, it wasn't an across the board increase. The total peak volume is higher in the 2018 release, but there is more difference between the peaks and valleys of the waveforms. Not sure how it was accomplished, but these are credited as being remastered by Scott Sedillo under guidance from The Edge. The dynamic range hasn't been sacrificed here to bring the volume up. In fact its greater than on the original recordings.
  6. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    There's several tools out there that will let you analyse the dynamic range of a recording. I use a tool from MAAT digital which will perform that analysis and the 2018 release is more dynamic than the 2011 release, or the original version from 1993.

So although they amped up the volume of some pieces, it wasn't an across the board increase. The total peak volume is higher in the 2018 release, but there is more difference between the peaks and valleys of the waveforms. Not sure how it was accomplished, but these are credited as being remastered by Scott Sedillo under guidance from The Edge. The dynamic range hasn't been sacrificed here to bring the volume up. In fact its greater than on the original recordings.
    That's very interesting. So it would count as a "proper" remix and remaster, not just your standard "compress & normalize" so-called-remaster in order to fight the loudness war with older albums.
  7. So i’ve to buy the 2018 one, Or is the digital release also the 2018 one?
    I have the 1993 cd and original vinyl and the one from the 2011 AB uber delux (wich I find is missing something like the ‘sonic bass’)
  8. But which one sounds better?
  9. great album, zooropa, lemon, stay, some days, dirty day, wanderer...
    find a album of the last 21 years with 6 songs of the same level.
  10. Yesterday I listened the remastered version of 2018.

Sounds good
  11. Love the 2018 remastered versions of AB and Zooropa.