1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Sleep Like A Baby is mostly about priests abusing children. (Not sure where you guys took the suicide interpretation from).

Twilight has never been discussed much but to me it's like the soundtrack to NAMBLA. If you don't know what NAMLBA is, Google it and tell me "Old man tried to walk me home, I thought he should have known // Twilight, lost my way, can't find my way // In the shadow boy meets man, in the shadow" doesn't sound like that kind of situation.
    The Alternative Perspective Mix is about suicide I think:
    Stop, stop.
    Where you stand right now, just stop.
    Don’t think or look down at the drop
    The people staring from the street don’t know what you’ve got
  2. Yeah I prefer the alternative version so thats what I was talking about
  3. Surrender. The coda before the last chorus puts me in trance every time, and Edge's guitars sound like sirens.
  4. Yes, Surrender is a beast of a song, one of Edge's finest moments from the 80s. The lyrics are also great, and Bono's vocal delivery (between rapping and tongue-twister) is extraordinary, no other song from that or any other era comes close to that.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes, Surrender is a beast of a song, one of Edge's finest moments from the 80s. The lyrics are also great, and Bono's vocal delivery (between rapping and tongue-twister) is extraordinary, no other song from that or any other era comes close to that.
    Totally - he's unstoppable singing that last verse, and the line about dying to oneself is one of his best. He had so much physical power in those days...he still probably has more than most people haha

Not sure how much this counts as a "U2 song", but I also gotta put in a good word for Always Forever Now, from the Passengers album. Really cool rhythms and textures there.
  6. Originally posted by SayGoodbye:[..]
    Totally - he's unstoppable singing that last verse, and the line about dying to oneself is one of his best. He had so much physical power in those days...he still probably has more than most people haha

Not sure how much this counts as a "U2 song", but I also gotta put in a good word for Always Forever Now, from the Passengers album. Really cool rhythms and textures there.
    I can't even recall how Always Forever Now sounds to be honest I'm gonna revisit it now, my recollection of Passengers is reduced to Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room like most people's lol
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I can't even recall how Always Forever Now sounds to be honest I'm gonna revisit it now, my recollection of Passengers is reduced to Miss Sarajevo and Your Blue Room like most people's lol
    Lol when I listen to Passengers, lately I usually skip Miss Sarajevo... heard it so many times live and those are not really good...
    But United Colours, Slug, One Minute Warning, Plot 180, Let's Go Native are really great
  8. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Lol when I listen to Passengers, lately I usually skip Miss Sarajevo... heard it so many times live and those are not really good...
    But United Colours, Slug, One Minute Warning, Plot 180, Let's Go Native are really great
    Slug and One Minute Warning are both awesome, the latter kinda sounds like Can, of all bands. Hate to be unoriginal but I think Your Blue Room is still my fav from the album.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes, Surrender is a beast of a song, one of Edge's finest moments from the 80s. The lyrics are also great, and Bono's vocal delivery (between rapping and tongue-twister) is extraordinary, no other song from that or any other era comes close to that.
    100% agree on this.... I want this to be a live staple.
  10. Beach sequence forever
  11. a fucking masterpiece imo with Bono's vocals being absolutely mesmerizing