1. Most underrated is Babyface. Also Dirty Day, Acrobat (of course), Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Promenade, Indian Summer Sky
  2. I'll open the can of worms and say that Acrobat is far from being underrated, and in fact it might be a bit overrated. It's a clear case of a song that got hyped and hyped through the years because the band never played it live. But a song that was consistently in the fans' request lists for over 2 decades can't be underrated * .

100% agreed about Indian Summer Sky and Babyface though.

* (by true fans, that is, not by casual fans or the general audience that think of WOWY, One and Vertigo when hearing the name "U2")
  3. babyface? really? it's awful

acrobat? over-rated? really? it had its place at the top only for everyone to jump on board and lessen its integrity - popularity is the enemy here

surely the most under-rated is miami

but you have to be a genius to hear it - if you only hear a shit song then it says more about you than it does the music
  4. Sorry but Babyface is perfect. The creepy vibe of the music suits how creepy the lyrics are
  5. i do see where you're coming from but basically as a song to enjoy i think it's weak and therefore always skip it
  6. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:babyface? really? it's awful

acrobat? over-rated? really? it had its place at the top only for everyone to jump on board and lessen its integrity - popularity is the enemy here

surely the most under-rated is miami

but you have to be a genius to hear it - if you only hear a shit song then it says more about you than it does the music
    I think babyface is very underrated as well, it does seem to divide fans a bit but I think it’s a really strong song, 5th best on Zooropa and that’s only because the best 4 are all 10/10. Acrobat is underrated amongst the general public but is probably rated about right amongst die hard fans. Miami is just shit imo and it’s nothing to do with being a genius or not.
  7. I like Miami.....

The Playboy Mansion tho........yeah nah
  8. Lol genius or shit, to me Miami is good (not great) song on amazing album. Don't care what any other thinks.
    Babyface is not bad but nothing special.
  9. Give the amount of undeserved abuse it gets, Miami has to be the most underrated.

Promenade is another one that doesn’t get the love or appreciation it deserves.

Neither may be ‘songs’ in the truest sense of the word, but as ‘tracks’ or pieces or whatever they are truly underrated. Definitely when compared with the love generic autopilot schlock like Love is Bigger or COBL in these pages.
  10. Originally posted by Alvin:Lol genius or shit, to me Miami is good (not great) song on amazing album. Don't care what any other thinks.
    Babyface is not bad but nothing special.
    That’s what opinions are all about whether a song is good or not is down to the individual although I wouldn’t say level of intelligence is a particularly important factor as perhaps lightheartedly was suggested. The funny thing I guess about underrated is it as an opinion about an opinion. We’re saying that we think the song isn’t liked enough or rated highly enough probably based on how good we think the song is. It’s just a way of disagreeing with the majority view really.
  11. Yeah but it's exactly what overrated/underrated is about. A song that is in the mouth of every U2 fan for 25 years just can't be underrated.