1. I know I dissed the 360 versions over the 92 ones, but it was nice hearing Bono raising his notes in the 360 versions. Still prefer the 92 and 93 guitar version tho
  2. Originally posted by ThomDorke:[..]
    I really liked the version from Rome in 2017, despite the technical hiccup at the beginning. Bono must have been feeling really confident that night because he hit more high notes than he usually did for that song on the tour.

Nice find, best version from JT 2017/2019 tour.
    The songs seems to well in Italy 😂
  3. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    I'll just add that for me what makes the 360 versions superior are Bono's octave jump on "you bury your treasure...", Edge's guitar tone shift halfway through that second verse and the bridge, plus his playing on the outro, and the overall vibe starting the encore with that laser jacket.
    That's exactly what puts me off from the 360 versions (although I'll give it to you regarding the guitar). The octave up should be reserved for the third and definitive verse (I remember when we could sleep on stones...).

4. First night in Sydney (22 Nov 2019) also has it and it's immediately followed by a beautiful dedication to Michael Hutchence on the 22nd anniversary of his death.
  5. Been listening to older and newer versions.... must say that the guitar parts from 92-93 are far better than the more recent incarnations, IMHO. But it's true, Bono's voice from almost 30 years ago is gone. So the Ultraviolet versions over the last 10-ish years do have their place..I am ultimately glad they started playing it on the 360 tour. Some of us may love the nostalgia, but the band of now isn't the band of 20 or 30 years ago. Take RHMT- we'd all love a rendition matching 1987, but I'm glad we got what we did 30 years on
  6. I love edge’s guitar work on the 360 and JT17/19 versions that 3rd verse in particular rather than picking away at it he’s just sliding up and down the guitar, that’s my favourite Edge stuff with the effects carrying the notes. I think the guitar has a lot more power on the later versions than zoo tv. In regards to RHMT I love what they did with that as well. Rather than take on the album version which was probably never achievable live they came up with something fresh, I really don’t agree with some of the comments about it being underwhelming live.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:I love edge’s guitar work on the 360 and JT17/19 versions that 3rd verse in particular rather than picking away at it he’s just sliding up and down the guitar, that’s my favourite Edge stuff with the effects carrying the notes. I think the guitar has a lot more power on the later versions than zoo tv. In regards to RHMT I love what they did with that as well. Rather than take on the album version which was probably never achievable live they came up with something fresh, I really don’t agree with some of the comments about it being underwhelming live.
    Agreed, I think as a player Edge improved the performance of Ultraviolet since 2009. On ZOO TV it was great in 92', but come the Zooropa leg I'm not sure what happened but the guitar sounded thinner and the performances a bit flatter. I saw them perform it in 2017, it was still fantastic in my opinion.