1. Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing
    Steven Wilson - Routine
    Porcupine Tree - Heartattack In A Layby
    U2 - The Little Things That Give You Away
  2. All l Want is You
  3. FLAPPIE - YOUP VAN 'T HEK
  4. Haha.. Youpie heeft het zelf net overleefd

Since this is also about others.. Dutch people will get this song. It's an interesting cover by a german "schlager" singer that also speaks dutch. That whole program is brilliant by the way.

The title loosely translates as "Give me your fear, I'll give you hope in return"

5. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Haha.. Youpie heeft het zelf net overleefd

Since this is also about others.. Dutch people will get this song. It's an interesting cover by a german "schlager" singer that also speaks dutch. That whole program is brilliant by the way.

The title loosely translates as "Give me your fear, I'll give you hope in return"

[YouTube Video]
    Didn't expect Dennie Christan here hahaha, but he is a way better singer than i remember.

6. That's the whole surprise of this performance I guess. That he seriously is a much better singer than a lot of people thought

But looking at the topic title, here's is a dutch song that will make me cry if I don't watch out.. This has got to be one of the greatest ever dutch ballads on loss/mourning:

7. IRIS
    always. thought about how I would feel losing my mom and it happened
    the song always makes me cry
  8. I don’t think there’s a u2 song that makes me cry as such it’s more dependant on my mood and what’s on my mind but live there’s been a few really emotional moments although I’ve not actually cried but holding back the tears.

Bad I&E Glasgow 2015 - it had been a rollercoaster year my daughter was born on 11th March and my papa died on the 28th. As a dad it was time for me to ‘let it go’ and focus on the future it’s what my papa would have wanted.

One tree hill JT2017 London - my aunt passed away when she was only 35 far too soon I never got to say goodbye.

Stay E&I London 2018 - tbh all the times I heard Stay it felt emotional but never more so than the first night in London. It brought me back to memories of my childhood, my uncle playing the zoo tv video at my grandparents, there never seemed to be a worry back then. This song makes me want to be back there.

Love Is Bigger E&I Berlin 2018 and JT2019 Singapore - I’d already heard the song twice in London but that was with my fiancée. I went to Berlin and Singapore myself leaving both my fiancée and daughter at home and it’s my daughter that I always think of when hearing this song.

There’s a few more songs and moments that I would consider emotional but these are the main ones, heavy stuff I’m afraid.
  9. The 2019 Joshua Tree tour had some emotional moments for me. Firstly, it was hard not to be affected in Auckland by the tribute to Greg Carroll and those who died in the Christchurch massacre. Seeing what that moment meant to the locals only added to the emotion.

Then there was Bad, as song that resonates strongly with me. I was almost in tears that first night in Auckland when I heard it and I said a silent prayer for someone I used to know.
  10. All That Was Left - Rondé
    Reminds me of my father.
  11. Walk to the water

It is very intimate, very personal. Lyrics full of little details and images. The changes between 3rd and 1st person point-of-view makes me as the listener become part of the story. When he sings the part of "I'm on the outside, let me in, let me love you, let me... love you, let me" - it always brings up tears in my eyes. Always.