1. Amazon.com has published a new U2 single/EP, to be released on November 22nd supposedly.

http://www.amazon.com/Wide-Awake-Europe-U2/dp/B0047H7PZU/u201

Called "Wide Awake In Europe", it's easy to think that it might contain the new songs they've been playing in Europe this summer...

All discussion here.
  2. Only available on vinyl at the moment.
  3. Probably with Stingray/Glasto on it.
  4. Is it legit I wonder? And how many songs will we get? I was thinking perhaps they should keep a couple for the new album? And how do we feel about the title? I'm a little on the fence, though it might be a nice homage to Wide Awake In America?
  5. Originally posted by kris_smith87:Is it legit I wonder? And how many songs will we get? I was thinking perhaps they should keep a couple for the new album? And how do we feel about the title? I'm a little on the fence, though it might be a nice homage to Wide Awake In America?

Got any other questions to ask?
  6. Sounds good, but is it a live album or are the new songs recorded ? Im curious about the ne songs in studio version

7. Judging by the title and assuming it is of course a homage to WAIA then I would hazard a guess at a mixture of live and studio but taking into account the new songs we have, I'd say it would be longer than WAIA (around 8 songs I'd say) and take on a more Rattle & Hum mix of live and studio as opposed to live tracks at the beginning, studio at the end.
  8. I'm in favour of an EP with studio versions of the new songs they've played on this tour. However, which live track should they use? Too much debate around that issue - and I have no desire to have a live version of "Crazy Tonight" on an official release. I have had enough of that song.
  9. I hate the title (if that's true). Since when is U2 about using their past to dictate album titles? It should be called something else, a lyric from a NLOTH song or something. Not the european version of the unforgettable fire tour live EP. Weird. Exciting though nonetheless
  10. I like the title more than the proper idea of an EP.
  11. Songs like Breaking Wave/North Star will be kept for Songs of Ascent I reckon.
  12. Amazing title if it really exists (though I can't see someone inventing it). Awesome, if we have all the new songs (some studio, some live would be the best)...