1. Wide Awake in Africa:

American Prayer
    Silver and Gold
    Wave of Sorrow

AP is criminally underplayed. They could do an in house session where all of these were re-recorded.
  2. The Africa EP is thematic and not live.
  3. Anyone have photo or scan in HQ of the cover of the Wide awake in Europe?
  4. Originally posted by miryclay:Okay, here is my tracklisting for Wide Awake in Asia:

You're The Best Thing About Me
    Love is Bigger than Anything in it's Way

Gloria
    Exit

Exit is powerful enough so it gets it own release like Mercy and Bad. Yes, it is disjointed.

Bono is on the cover again.

I wish they’d release a version of exit from one of the Joshua tree 30th tour shows. One of my favorites from the Joshua Tree
  5. I know, I just think it was pretty well done on the Asia leg and is fairly representative of the tour.

I think one "random" song, one JT song, and one new-era song would be my picks. That's why I went with Bad...it fits that random slot better than anything else from the opening 4-5 songs of the show.

One Tree Hill would be a great JT choice as the 4 JT singles were already released live as a fanclub gift, RHMT as an RSD release, and Exit being the only real competition left...Exit just doesn't fit on an EP as well. Hard to pull such a dark moment without the context of the show.

I also think EBW is deserving of a slot, as the live version is so different than the album version.
  6. Originally posted by MattG:[..]
    I know, I just think it was pretty well done on the Asia leg and is fairly representative of the tour.

I think one "random" song, one JT song, and one new-era song would be my picks. That's why I went with Bad...it fits that random slot better than anything else from the opening 4-5 songs of the show.

One Tree Hill would be a great JT choice as the 4 JT singles were already released live as a fanclub gift, RHMT as an RSD release, and Exit being the only real competition left...Exit just doesn't fit on an EP as well. Hard to pull such a dark moment without the context of the show.

I also think EBW is deserving of a slot, as the live version is so different than the album version.
    America owns 'Bad'
  7. Yeap but did you see those photo? I can't use it my friend that's why asking for better option
  8. Alright well I'd rather have it than SBS or Pride, and NYD got a release on the Europa EP. Let's not make "good" the enemy of "perfect"
  9. I’d probably pick Mothers of the disappeared for a Wide awake in Asia release since it’s the only song from JT without an official live release. In fact in keeping with wide awake in Europe being 3 songs I’d go

Exit (with the Trump intro to start the vinyl)
    MOTD
    Every Breaking Wave
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:I’d probably pick Mothers of the disappeared for a Wide awake in Asia release since it’s the only song from JT without an official live release. In fact in keeping with wide awake in Europe being 3 songs I’d go

Exit (with the Trump intro to start the vinyl)
    MOTD
    Every Breaking Wave
    Excellent points, really.