1. so cool that this was brought up again.
    I went to broadway to see this play and it was really really good, I saw it twice.
    it got bad reviews by some prick writers and it shouldn't have. It was creative, the costumes were great and of course the music by U2 was excellent. Overall, Julie Taymor was robbed. I have seen over 30 broadway plays and this one was GOOD!
  2. I've never heard of a show getting so much exposure and bad publicity from the press, I dunno if it was because Bono/ Edge were involved or the fact it was Spiderman a huge superhero brand that will get attention no matter what the story is about. However it appears that when Michael Cohl got involved and the show was reworked they were able to save it from getting axed before it even began.
  3. I liked the soundtrack. It was a welcome diversion. The Song of Spiderman book chronicles the whole saga.

4. Yes that is what I thought, made me want it sung by bono much more than the Reeve Carny verison. I did miss the whole bad attention story since I was not such a big U2 fan by then.
  5. Yeah I don't like Carneys voice in it. Maybe one day we'll get the demo with Bonos voice like Golden Eye years ago
  6. Originally posted by Alvin:Yeah I don't like Carneys voice in it. Maybe one day we'll get the demo with Bonos voice like Golden Eye years ago
    If only.
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    There's always the beach clip
  7. I told bono when I met him once that I LOVED Spiderman and he gave me a LOOK
    and chuckled, didn't say a word. I guess he was speechless.
    You could say Spiderman on Broadway was a SHIT show. but to me it was some HATERS who pissed on this play. I have seen some SHIT broadway shows that didn't get bad reviews and this thing was so damn cool and got trashed. Juli Taymor- GENIUS WOMAN!
    can u imagine having the cast flying around your heads in a Broadway theater. It was really really creative.
    I LOVE u2
  8. similar story.... back in 2001 met him and someone pipped up "loved Million Dollar Hotel" (movie) , and he looked up with a smirk and said "oh, so you were the ONE"
  9. I saw the Broadway musical in 2011 and really enjoyed it. For some reasons the production was plagued with problems, accidents and leaving directors. That stuck with some bad reviewers.

But it was magical to see Spider-Man swing from the ceiling above the audience.

I bought the soundtrack CD and single and was lucky enough to get them signed by Reeve Carney and Patrick Page.
  10. I love the soundtrack! I really wish I had been able to see the play. I’d love for Boy Falls From The Sky to be released by U2.
  11. Originally posted by eladanelf:Such a shame there was never a studio version of this song with bono on the vocals. Love the following YouTube clip on which he sings parts of the song. (i do believe there is some autotune going on with his mic :p )

[YouTube Video]

Oh wow! It has been a long time since I’ve heard this song. Gives me goosebumps! I really loved this song when I heard it (I even have the soundtrack) and really wish we would get a proper U2 version. I’d always envisioned this as a “new” song on a Best of 2000-2010 compilation.