1. Originally posted by muzika:[..]

In other words, Bill Carter doesn't know either. In the same breath he says "stolen" and "band leak".

Knowing what perfectionists they are I doubt they would leak anyway.
    Isn't he referring to Carter Alan? Can't see what Bill Carter would possibly know about this
  2. Would anyone be willing to re-upload the transfer files as I got half way through and they have now expired, thank you for your trouble
  3. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Agree with a lot you say here. I also think that the tapes were from various sessions before Berlin, and taken there as a reference. The instrumental 'Real Thing' is known to be recorded alongside Desire in '88 for example.

And I think they're 'incomplete' in a sense that songs like Sick Puppy/Ultraviolet etc aren't on the tapes but were worked on prior to Berlin. There's a picture somewere of the master tape they took from Berlin which has 3 songs written on it (One, MW and Down All The Days).

I would find it very hard to believe U2 leaked these themselves.. By Spring '91 they had much more material, so why leak 10 versions of Salome and 4 cd's of drumloops? Be interesting to read the Cartar Allen letter though, can anyone point me to where it's posted?

Blow Your House Down appears in the Rattle and Hum outtakes. You can hear a pre-recorded demo in this clip and it doesn't sound too different from what can be heard on the so-called "Berlin" tapes.

So I definitely agree. At least some of the stuff on these tapes must have existed before the Hansa sessions. Early sketches were recorded at STS Studios in 1990, so maybe that's where some of the recordings originated.
  4. I want those tapes
  5. i Have them on my Youtube
  6. -
  7. Originally posted by Prospekt:[..]

Blow Your House Down appears in the Rattle and Hum outtakes. You can hear a pre-recorded demo in this clip and it doesn't sound too different from what can be heard on the so-called "Berlin" tapes.
    [YouTube Video]
    So I definitely agree. At least some of the stuff on these tapes must have existed before the Hansa sessions. Early sketches were recorded at STS Studios in 1990, so maybe that's where some of the recordings originated.
    Sounds kinda similar this '89 Auckland SC, so guess they had it cooking for a while
  8. And this is from the same soundcheck:
  9. Originally posted by Prospekt:[..]

[YouTube Video]
    Just listened to this a bit more and agree. That version they are playing new melodic ideas over is pretty much the same as the one(s) from the tapes. Sounds a bit like a soundcheck and more interesting in terms of ideas than what's on the berlin tapes.