1. First, Acrobat ain't happening. That being said, I think Achtung Baby period definitely marks the beginning of Experience stage of career, but they definitely represented it already on i/e. With the ever shrinking set (21-22 songs) and limited rotations, I'm curious to see what direction they go. How much SOI do they sacrifice to fit SOE and crowd pleasing war horses?
  2. IWF may stay if Iris stays

Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    We might even see the fly as the second song of the night replacing one of the early songs that were rotated (electric co, Gloria, out Of Control). I don't know if I will Follow will keep its place either.
  3. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:First, Acrobat ain't happening. That being said, I think Achtung Baby period definitely marks the beginning of Experience stage of career, but they definitely represented it already on i/e. With the ever shrinking set (21-22 songs) and limited rotations, I'm curious to see what direction they go. How much SOI do they sacrifice to fit SOE and crowd pleasing war horses?
    I really think they've been saving acrobat for the next tour, well since they were first questioned on it. And I think we'll go back to at least a 24 song setlist for the next tour. I think we could see maybe all of the SOI songs ditched for the SOE songs, I can't see that whole iris, cedarwood road, song for someone section remaining nor can I see the miracle opening the show and I think the raised By Wolves segment will change too, maybe every breaking wave could stay and at a push invisible but I wouldn't even be surprised to see them both go as well, that would free up room for 7 SOE songs which sounds about right for u2 touring a new album.
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:First, Acrobat ain't happening. That being said, I think Achtung Baby period definitely marks the beginning of Experience stage of career, but they definitely represented it already on i/e. With the ever shrinking set (21-22 songs) and limited rotations, I'm curious to see what direction they go. How much SOI do they sacrifice to fit SOE and crowd pleasing war horses?
    People forget the elevation tour, 1987 joshua tree had less than 20 sometimes. EI tour may have 24 if they don't have opening acts again
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think there's enough quality in the song though beneath all the effects that would still make it a great tune on acoustic guitar or piano even. The lyrics and chord progression still make it unique. Again though I'm not saying it would beat the original it's just that Bono can't do the original version anymore.
    It's just my opinion, but I find all acoustic or stripped down versions boring... I always want the song being played in full ellectric version or not being played. I would be very disappointed if they play for example Please (one of my very favourite song), but in acoustic version... Same with Lemon...
  6. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    It's just my opinion, but I find all acoustic or stripped down versions boring... I always want the song being played in full ellectric version or not being played. I would be very disappointed if they play for example Please (one of my very favourite song), but in acoustic version... Same with Lemon...
    +1
  7. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    That's fair enough, I can certainly understand and respect that opinion as I've been wanting to hear the full band version of every breaking wave live and would like to hear stuck in a moment back to full electric version. I just would be willing to sacrifice full electric if it meant we got to hear a rarity again but i get that it would disappoint people.
  8. Originally posted by bushido529:[..]
    People forget the elevation tour, 1987 joshua tree had less than 20 sometimes. EI tour may have 24 if they don't have opening acts again
    1987 joshua tree they only had 5 records to pull from. 4 + Gloria, really...

9. yeah, that's what i think as well, at the start of the show right? But for the rest of the show
    NLOTH will fitt in at B stage
  10. You guys are all wrong. Of course, EXTREME acoustic versions of songs would suck, but when they sample songs of an acoustic variety (almost like ISHF during OB), it tends to mean that they are ARRANGEMENT's... based on a foundation, of acoustic performances. It's not like it says on Dallas' show-sheet that the song must be Bono DI'ing for a suite, or whatever, it means that they are experimenting! Fools of Tooks.
  11. So what if I'm drunk but Exit is a regular in the current setlist. Butter my ass.