1. I’ve always wondered if the two little girls in the white shirts and green shorts playing outside the stadium during The Unforgettable Fire song on the Paris dvd ever grow up to be U2 fans. Are they on this site possibly?
  2. You know, sometimes I think about that message Larry put up that started the band. It's weird to think about it - just this one little piece of paper, this simple message on an advertisement stuck up on a pinboard, and it's had such a big impact in music and pop culture.... This whole site, so many classic songs and amazing shows, and people finding something so special... we owe it all to that advert Larry put out. I guess you could say that it was an unforgettable flier.
  3. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:You know, sometimes I think about that message Larry put up that started the band. It's weird to think about it - just this one little piece of paper, this simple message on an advertisement stuck up on a pinboard, and it's had such a big impact in music and pop culture.... This whole site, so many classic songs and amazing shows, and people finding something so special... we owe it all to that advert Larry put out. I guess you could say that it was an unforgettable flier.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect
  4. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:You know, sometimes I think about that message Larry put up that started the band. It's weird to think about it - just this one little piece of paper, this simple message on an advertisement stuck up on a pinboard, and it's had such a big impact in music and pop culture.... This whole site, so many classic songs and amazing shows, and people finding something so special... we owe it all to that advert Larry put out. I guess you could say that it was an unforgettable flier.
    An unforgettable flyer
    Made my day
  5. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:You know, sometimes I think about that message Larry put up that started the band. It's weird to think about it - just this one little piece of paper, this simple message on an advertisement stuck up on a pinboard, and it's had such a big impact in music and pop culture.... This whole site, so many classic songs and amazing shows, and people finding something so special... we owe it all to that advert Larry put out. I guess you could say that it was an unforgettable flier.
    Epic post. Amen my friend!
  6. U2's artwork really isn't that great, apart from the 90's.
  7. Well said. An unforgettable flyer indeed. I see it as an powerful en positive energy, to be in a band and touching so many people.
  8. Every time I see a photo of Bono and Ali, I can't help but think that they're swingers
  9. U2 should have a side project, an alias band. How many hours studio time have they logged in and scrapped the results afterwards cause it didn’t hold up to the ‘legacy’? Put it out under the alias band. How many jams went nowhere cause Bonobos wasn’t around? Experimental albums, Dance albums, Country, Lost Songs, get them out. Adam playing bass for an hour on a reggae odyssey while Larry plays bongos, lets hear it! Keep calling them Passengers albums if they like. Or The Daltons. Get guests on it. Save us from a long drawn out album cycle. 30 minute albums released online. Proceeds to charities of bands choice.
  10. Originally posted by polarbearu2:U2 should have a side project, an alias band. How many hours studio time have they logged in and scrapped the results afterwards cause it didn’t hold up to the ‘legacy’? Put it out under the alias band. How many jams went nowhere cause Bonobos wasn’t around? Experimental albums, Dance albums, Country, Lost Songs, get them out. Adam playing bass for an hour on a reggae odyssey while Larry plays bongos, lets hear it! Keep calling them Passengers albums if they like. Or The Daltons. Get guests on it. Save us from a long drawn out album cycle. 30 minute albums released online. Proceeds to charities of bands choice.
    May God hear you.
  11. Yes, for me that's Passengers. I would not mind a second album or something like that under another name.