1. Originally posted by kris_smith87:Listening to Pride on the Sirius channel today and it kind of hit me that despite choosing Streets as U2’s signature song, I really think it could be Pride.

When I first saw the band in 2009, I was in off of Streets and again in 2011. I was thrilled to hear Pride in that concert as well and it really struck me. When I saw them on I+e Pride was above and beyond Streets in terms of emotional connection.

In the current times we live in and the overarching message of U2, I think Pride is finding more and more relevancy and legitimacy as U2’s signature song.
    You just might be right. Pride certainly resonated with me on this tour...
  2. Pride was my vote. They nearly always play it and most everybody who knows more than Beautiful Day knows Pride. The only reason I didn't pick BD was because Pride is older
  3. I’m starting to buy into the pride argument. It’s a tricky one for me because most of the songs in the list including pride I think are overplayed but if i put myself in the shoes of the majority of people going to a u2 gig is there a sing along as powerful as ‘in the name of love’?. I don’t think it’s in my top 30 or 40 u2 songs even but it maybe is u2’s Signature song. You could play it at a bar and it wouldn’t spoil the atmosphere yet it has really deep powerful meaning to it also, it ticks a lot of boxes.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:I’m starting to buy into the pride argument. It’s a tricky one for me because most of the songs in the list including pride I think are overplayed but if i put myself in the shoes of the majority of people going to a u2 gig is there a sing along as powerful as ‘in the name of love’?. I don’t think it’s in my top 30 or 40 u2 songs even but it maybe is u2’s Signature song. You could play it at a bar and it wouldn’t spoil the atmosphere yet it has really deep powerful meaning to it also, it ticks a lot of boxes.
    It probably does rank up there for me...it's been a while since I looked at my top pics...but Dean with the insightful post again! I like what you said about how it ticks all of the boxes.

Also this is one of those songs that I can go a while without hearing and when I do it really packs a punch.
  5. Okay why did U2 not play Streets for the Paris gig in 87? I checked a few other European dates too and I’m shocked not to see it, anyone know why this is the case?
  6. Originally posted by guykirk9:Okay why did U2 not play Streets for the Paris gig in 87? I checked a few other European dates too and I’m shocked not to see it, anyone know why this is the case?
    It seemed to be a bit of a rotational for that leg so maybe they just thought one of the newer songs was a good shout to rotate. I don’t think it was as successful a single as WOWY and ISHFWILF in terms of chart position at the time so they were maybe more of a focus for the band at that point. Edit: In fact it hadn’t even been released as a single until August which is when the leg ended so maybe they just hadn’t realised the songs potential yet.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It seemed to be a bit of a rotational for that leg so maybe they just thought one of the newer songs was a good shout to rotate. I don’t think it was as successful a single as WOWY and ISHFWILF in terms of chart position at the time so they were maybe more of a focus for the band at that point. Edit: In fact it hadn’t even been released as a single until August which is when the leg ended so maybe they just hadn’t realised the songs potential yet.
    BECAUSE THE SUN WAS STILL OUT
  8. This video might make the point a little better,
  9. Hairs down back of neck. Incredible