1. Originally posted by Fly40:Personally i’ve Seen a great difference between this tour and the JT30
    Last year,yes he took pauses to talk,but this year I felt like he took too many pauses to talk
    I have seen Bono a bit more tired than last year
    Personally I think in 5 years they’ll be closing doors
    Some magazines here in Italy talk about a Bono who doesn’t take care of his health and doesn’t mind....
    What do you think?
    I think Bono sounded superb on The Joshua Tree tour last year but he did sound a bit tired during this year's tour. Perhaps he just prefers the fresh air of outdoor stadium gigs?!
  2. but I can’t be that mad at them because nearly all world leaders praised her. Just now when watching Walk On it hurts to see all of that.
  3. Originally posted by guykirk9:[..]
    but I can’t be that mad at them because nearly all world leaders praised her. Just now when watching Walk On it hurts to see all of that.
    Yeah, it’s very much a case of her being “the right person” back then - but that was a long time ago, and she’s not that person now. Situations change, people change... I remember U2 made some sort of statement on it a year or two ago, which was the right thing to do but probably not the easy thing... wonder if they’ll ever say more.
  4. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    Yeah, it’s very much a case of her being “the right person” back then - but that was a long time ago, and she’s not that person now. Situations change, people change... I remember U2 made some sort of statement on it a year or two ago, which was the right thing to do but probably not the easy thing... wonder if they’ll ever say more.
    the song is still strong for me because I associate it with some of the lyrical content, and not some of the "big picture" political association with her. Time may heal it. Like eventually, I may be able to listen to my old Bill Cosby records and laugh....but for now, it needs to be on a shelf.
  5. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    the song is still strong for me because I associate it with some of the lyrical content, and not some of the "big picture" political association with her. Time may heal it. Like eventually, I may be able to listen to my old Bill Cosby records and laugh....but for now, it needs to be on a shelf.
    I definitely would not equate the two as being in the same category.

I also think that U2 has an amazing knack for reinventing what their songs are “about” and if they want to bring “Walk On” out they can and frame it in a new way.

Imagine during a farewell tour this ending the main set?
  6. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    I definitely would not equate the two as being in the same category.

I also think that U2 has an amazing knack for reinventing what their songs are “about” and if they want to bring “Walk On” out they can and frame it in a new way.

Imagine during a farewell tour this ending the main set?
    Yes, ending a main set would be amazing. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not trying to equate nor excuse either. What I meant was that I loved Bill Cosby's comedy, and my old albums, just putting them on and laughing. And a lot of people love Walk On (or not??). So when something happens to taint it, it does affect the way you listen, you know? Eventually I hope I can listen to the old Cosby albums just as comedy, and not think about the man. And I hope that people can isolate Walk On as it's own masterpiece (cause I really do think it's up there with their songwriting) rather than as being dedicated to Aung Sang Su Ki
  7. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    I think Walk On could be the new immigration/refugee crisis song... same song, in a different light
  8. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    Absolutely agree
  9. Still less than ten years since they were handing those fucking masks out at concerts. A spectacular backfire.
  10. Anyone know who or what the guy is on Larrys monitor next to his drum?