1. Same, I was at that gig and I think the London crowd's enthusiasm took the band back a bit, he also sung a great Ultraviolet.

2. Agreed... Berlin and Amsterdam2 is in my top u2 shows
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Man's gettin' old, man - he can't be singing that way forever, especially since when he's not touring he's flying around the world drinking and smoking etc.

Okay maybe not smoking anymore, but he used to and that DEFINITELY affected his voice.

He's still smoking nowadays isn't he?
  4. I want to see Bono play the acoustic guitar in sbs live, like the second guitar on the studio album
  5. Now that I think of it, we haven't seen Bono with an acoustic since... 2001?
  6. Yessir. Minus From The Sky Down and a live performance of a song in Russia I believe on the 360 tour.
  7. He can 't play anymore since his bike accident in NY.
  8. I actually like Bono's voice on the ZooTV tour. While he may not have had the raw strength he did in the mid-late 80s, he seemed to have a lot more control, and the newly mastered falsetto brought a change to a lot of songs that offered something new to them. It was also the time when he started singing more conversationally, lower-register kind of stuff.

Sure if you compare Bad on the UF tour to ZooTV performances, there's no comparison. But at the same time, Bad on the UF tour was straight up screaming, not "singing" - which Bono was doing on the ZooTV tour.
  9. Some live versions of OOTS had Bono playing an acoustic.

Some had him playing the Green Falcon.

Others he didn’t play guitar at all (Chicago).
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I actually like Bono's voice on the ZooTV tour. While he may not have had the raw strength he did in the mid-late 80s, he seemed to have a lot more control, and the newly mastered falsetto brought a change to a lot of songs that offered something new to them. It was also the time when he started singing more conversationally, lower-register kind of stuff.

Sure if you compare Bad on the UF tour to ZooTV performances, there's no comparison. But at the same time, Bad on the UF tour was straight up screaming, not "singing" - which Bono was doing on the ZooTV tour.
    I agree, some of his best vocal performances on that tour in my opinion especially the first US leg.
  11. Originally posted by podiumboy:Some live versions of OOTS had Bono playing an acoustic.

Some had him playing the Green Falcon.

Others he didn’t play guitar at all (Chicago).
    Well said! Totally forgot about Original Of The Species.

Also about From The Sky Down, he played So Cruel and The Fly on his black "Elvis Presley Dove" Gibson as @release3 says

12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Well said! Totally forgot about Original Of The Species.

Also about From The Sky Down, he played So Cruel and The Fly on his black "Elvis Presley Dove" Gibson as @release3 says

[image]
    Hmmm... Now that I think of it, it might very well be an ebony J-200 100th Aniversary instead of an Elvis Presley Dove