1. No that was only for U218 as far as I remember it wasn't for a new album but they did say they would like to work with him again.
  2. I would like to see U2 would do a tour with an orchestra and/or additional musicians and singers. (guitar player, keyboards, percussion, 2 background singers)

No pre recorded stuff, backing tracks, loops, keyboardplayers under the stage etc.
    All music should be played live on stage.

Edge can concentrate on only guitar playing and vocals, backing ground vocals as some support for Bono.

Every show a different setlst.

Wishfull thinking, but interesting.
  3. What happened to the awesome song we heard from the old beach clips that had the words "All my Life ive been waiting for" in it?
  4. Originally posted by u2opra:If U2 do another big world tour again, they must do something to creatively shake things up more than just new stage designs - such as different costumes and characters they transform into. I really love theatrical U2. I love the lights, the stage setups, etc, but I love the songs to be theatrical in terms of the way they are performed too.

U2 used to be very good at theatrics if you look back at the Zoo TV and the Pop era - load up a few videos from those tours and you can see that.

I know U2 dabbled in theatrics again recently with a revival of Mr Macphisto in the most recent tours, but I'd love to see Bono go further and revive characters like the mirrorball man, the dalton brothers, the fly, all for certain sections of the playlist. Bono could play every version of himself from every tour for certain songs if he wanted to really go full into it. It might sound crazy, but I don't think they are too old just yet to not pull it off. It would certainly give a new energy and excitement back. He did that already well with the revival of Macphisto and his old JT era self in songs like Exit.

It's not going to happen unfortunately.

The guys are obviously running low on 'creative juice' and seem to be happily coasting in the slow lane with the chauffeur who drove Mrs Daisy behind the wheel towards retirement.

Further they are all nearly in the 60s - or will be by the time their next disc drops, that's IF we see another!

This tour, as other have mentioned, seems to be some 'house keeping' with contracts to fulfill and with which they are free agents early in the New Year ( its a huge worry that there is no talk of any renewal of a contract or offer on the table, they are one of the biggest Live acts still, wouldn't you wanna wrapt that shit up you if you were the owner of LIVENATION ), which if true DOUBLY worries me as it may well be a surprise "game, set, match its over kids - thanks for the amazing life ...... " queue speech from Bono.

I don't think they will do the whole 'farewell world tour' its too cliche for them. They wont do a 'Strolling Bones' as Bono famously once said "im to vain to be seen running around on a stage as a rock star in my 60s or 70s" Paraphrasing !

On the flipside of this we may get some of these mysterious albums they have dropped last minute such as Rubin's rock record, Danger Mouse's ambient fused rock record, Will-I-AM's dance record and that rumored CD of songs that some close to the band who heard them at the time RAVED ABOUT, seen as U2 channeling T-REX which did produce the single HMTMKMKM , the rest of the songs they tried to drag into the early POP recordings but most of them apparently didnt make the cut for that soundscape and are still yet to see the light of day!!! The FEZ OUTAKES these songs sounded more spiritual Traditional Middle Eastern / Moroccan sounds ( Enos' baby ) which split Eno, Lanois and the band and ultimately the Band won with a safer more formulamatic sounding No Line On The Horizon being released.

Then of course SONGS OF ASCENT to bookend it all!

PS : I would LOVE to see Beck produce for them!!!
  5. I don’t think the next album is going to be a ground breaking change of direction but I do hope they go a bit darker and heavier than SOE was as a whole. Don’t get me wrong I really like the album but I love SOI, there isn’t really a happy sounding song on that album and I quite like that. I think a heavier album is realistic, definitely more realistic than an experimental type record.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:I don’t think the next album is going to be a ground breaking change of direction but I do hope they go a bit darker and heavier than SOE was as a whole. Don’t get me wrong I really like the album but I love SOI, there isn’t really a happy sounding song on that album and I quite like that. I think a heavier album is realistic, definitely more realistic than an experimental type record.
    Definitely agree with you for mine as well U2 are at their finest when dark and introverted, however i guess that's hard to relate too when ur holidaying in the South of France every summer and you have the seemingly perfect happy family dynamic, how would u even go there ? I couldn't stand SOI, but i love SOE , so what would i know lol
  7. Next Album Title Confirmed: All My Life
  8. Originally posted by DanialGowans:[..]
    Definitely agree with you for mine as well U2 are at their finest when dark and introverted, however i guess that's hard to relate too when ur holidaying in the South of France every summer and you have the seemingly perfect happy family dynamic, how would u even go there ? I couldn't stand SOI, but i love SOE , so what would i know lol
    I think there’s still enough things going on in the world and enough things in there past that can drag up some of that heavy feeling. I know what you mean though they’re not exactly in that place 24/7 anymore. I guess it depends on what heavy means to the individual as well. You say you don’t like SOI but I’d call that maybe there 2nd darkest album behind Joshua Tree, darker than Achtung Baby even as a whole but not as heavy musically with Edge’s sounds on that album. There’s different definitions of different words when it comes to describing music, but for me SOI was perfect not as good as Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree but the best album they could possibly have came up with at that stage of there careers and the 3rd best from them ever behind the other 2 I’ve mentioned.
  9. True , humans will always carry on killing, pillaging, raping certainly if history is anything to go by which does provide a smorgassboard rich with inspiration , however for me its more those deeply 'personal' issues that are a far better source of angst as opposed to deeply 'secular' or 'global' type issues!

But agree with what ur saying

The beauty with U2 fans i guess is we at least have a diverse range of sounds to draw upon that allow some of us to love while others hate , i love California for instance on SOI but almost everyone i know as a U2 fan seem to hate that song the most lol