1. Especially live as an opener like point depot three in 89
  2. 11 o'clock tick tock is criminally under played. Close to the quintessential u2 song for me
  3. Heartfully agree. Saw the Achtung Babies some weeks ago; 11 O'Clock was the closing song and my girl didn't know it so I screamed to her: "come on!! this is one of their early years' trademark songs". Maybe a bit too similar to Out Of Control and I Will Follow in terms of sound but overall a better song than both of them imo.

PS. It's criminal that it wasn't included in Boy!

4. That Adam - Bono moment is amazing, Adam is such a great performer!
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Heartfully agree. Saw the Achtung Babies some weeks ago; 11 O'Clock was the closing song and my girl didn't know it so I screamed to her: "come on!! this is one of their early years' trademark songs". Maybe a bit too similar to Out Of Control and I Will Follow in terms of sound but overall a better song than both of them imo.

PS. It's criminal that it wasn't included in Boy!
    Saw them here in italy?beer festival?
  6. No, they played Madrid 2 Sundays ago. They were superb as usual - even if they changed singers a couple of weeks back!
  7. I think I am more ready than ever before to accept my all-time favourite band coming to an end.

But it will still break my heart to never go to another U2 concert.

To never go online clicking away like a mad man for U2 tickets.
    To never travel with the anticipated excitement of seeing U2.
    To never turn up at a venue and seeing all the U2 posters and memorabilia being sold.
    To never laugh and dance and jump when U2 play IWF.
    To never go home with the memories of a U2 concert.
    To never see a new U2 concert appear on this forum or youtube.

It will be like a death of a friend.
    A loss I will mourn.

Man, I might just jump on a plane and go down under and see them while I still can

(this is just my personal U2 thoughts and has no baring on any rumours about the band retiring)

8. This has really struck me. Damn I 100% support what you're saying, I'm also ready for the band to come to a brilliant end but it will be something I will miss for the rest of my life.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

This has really struck me. Damn I 100% support what you're saying, I'm also ready for the band to come to a brilliant end but it will be something I will miss for the rest of my life.
    This hits me hard as the last song I heard U2 play was IWF at JT2017 in Toronto. I am NOT okay with that. Not that I don't like the song. Though it's not even in my Top 10, I do have an immense appreciation for it's place in the U2 story - i.e. the kickoff...which given the intro is appropriate (1-2-3-4!)....I just don't want that to be THE last song I hear live.
  10. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    This hits me hard as the last song I heard U2 play was IWF at JT2017 in Toronto. I am NOT okay with that. Not that I don't like the song. Though it's not even in my Top 10, I do have an immense appreciation for it's place in the U2 story - i.e. the kickoff...which given the intro is appropriate (1-2-3-4!)....I just don't want that to be THE last song I hear live.
    Ah, I'm in a completely different boat. I would actually love I Will Follow as my final U2 song. Much more than 13, god forbid In fact there's few songs that would fit the bill more than I Will Follow (if you walk away, walk away... I will follow), and I can only think of 40 as a more suitable closer to my last U2 concert ever.
  11. Random U2 thought of the day:

I can't see which part or parts of Zoo Station originated from Lady With The Spinning Head. Not calling Edge a liar, but..... You know?