1. For the last week or so I just listen non stop to Kite the single version its a great songs and the part where he sings'' I'm a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan'' gives me goosbumps everytime
  2. Originally posted by bartajax:For the last week or so I just listen non stop to Kite the single version its a great songs and the part where he sings'' I'm a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan'' gives me goosbumps everytime

I hear you

I remember how Bono said in a book somewhere, was it U2 by U2 or Into the heart or.... ...can't remember, but he said that he wrote that song after he had gone down to the beach with his kids to do the "father thing", trying to fly a kite with them and all, and it didn't really work and at some point his kids asked if they could go back home again to play some game station -- geez, I don't know the details anymore. But I know I thought of this story when i stood up on the top of Killiney Hill and looked down at the beach beneath the Hewson home, and I listened to Kite on my ipod and it was very moving.
  3. I hadn't heard that story ever, but I know Bono said (on U2byU2) "I thought I wrote Kite for my children, but later I realized that I had written it for my father".
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:I hadn't heard that story ever, but I know Bono said (on U2byU2) "I thought I wrote Kite for my children, but later I realized that I had written it for my father".

yeah true.
    I found the part I was talking about, looked it up last night. It's in the book "Into the heart - The stories behind every song" by Niall Stokes.

page 153:

(...)The rock star's life is a dislocated, disorientated one. Locked in the studio for months on end, and then - gone. For Bono's children - now he's here, now he disappears. The scarlet pimpernel. And the minstrel feels guilty, he wants to be a dad and to do all the daddy-like things that he remembers from when he was a kid. Or the things that other daddies did at any rate. And so he troops down to the beach at Killiney with Jordan and Eve to fly a kite.
    The expedition could hardly have been deemed a successful one. The kite went up, and it came down with a phhht, embedding itself in the strand. "Daddy, can we go home and play with the Playstation?" one of the kids asked, and suddenly dicking around with the console didn't seem like such a bad idea, after all. But when the kite hit the sand, a seed was sown. There was a song in it.(...)

so much for the book. that was what I remembered when I looked down on the beach at Killiney, listening to Kite.
  5. One thing just came to my mind. When Bono performed Exit, he quite often sang something like this: 'Gloria shes-ela-ola-er.' It sounds a little bit funny, and I wander were they words I didn't get or just strange sounds?.......

My another thought: is there on Earth more greatest fan-made bootleg than Frankfurt 2010-08-10? ......
  6. Originally posted by alexandra_t:One thing just came to my mind. When Bono performed Exit, he quite often sang something like this: 'Gloria shes-ela-ola-er.' It sounds a little bit funny, and I wander were they words I didn't get or just strange sounds?.......

My another thought: is there on Earth more greatest fan-made bootleg than Frankfurt 2010-08-10? ......

Spelling out the word "G-L-O-R-I-A?"
  7. it is indeed Latin, as far as i know:

Gloria...in te domine
    Gloria...exultate

8. hahaha, Kirsten, you're completely off ... They're talking about the Van Morrison's Gloria snippet that Bono used to do on Exit (e.g. Rattle And Hum's one), during which he spelt "gee ell ou r ae a" (G-L-O-R-I-A). Watch it here (from 3:03 on):

9. Woops
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

hahaha, Kirsten, you're completely off ... They're talking about the Van Morrison's Gloria snippet that Bono used to do on Exit (e.g. Rattle And Hum's one), during which he spelt "gee ell ou r ae a" (G-L-O-R-I-A). Watch it here (from 3:03 on):

[YouTube Video]

Thanks for clearing that up, Sergio.
    It seems like you know simply everything about U2