1. Shadows And Tall Trees is too often left out in discussions about which songs are among U2's best hidden gems but it DEFINITELY IS. Pure poetry, man. And that atmosphere, the acoustic and electric guitars interlaced, Larry's work, the extra instrumentation... What a song for a couple of uneducated freshmen!

PS. The artificial rise in tone for the last chorus is hilarious. Whoever advised them to do this (I guess Steve Lillywhite) deserves being jailed, even if it's been 39 years already. That felony shall not expire.
  2. It's great, especially right after Electric Co.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Shadows And Tall Trees is too often left out in discussions about which songs are among U2's best hidden gems but it DEFINITELY IS. Pure poetry, man. And that atmosphere, the acoustic and electric guitars interlaced, Larry's work, the extra instrumentation... What a song for a couple of uneducated freshmen!

PS. The artificial rise in tone for the last chorus is hilarious. Whoever advised them to do this (I guess Steve Lillywhite) deserves being jailed, even if it's been 39 years already. That felony shall not expire.
    I often forget that this the last track on Boy. "What a song for a couple of uneducated freshmen" - Absolutely!
  4. Would’ve been a perfect little song to play on the IE tour.

They’ve just got so many fun little gems like this that you forget about. One older song I listened to for the first time in a while is Tomorrow. Such a weird, eerie start that just blows up.
  5. Originally posted by Release3:Would’ve been a perfect little song to play on the IE tour.

They’ve just got so many fun little gems like this that you forget about. One older song I listened to for the first time in a while is Tomorrow. Such a weird, eerie start that just blows up.
    Tomorrow is one of my favorites and I always thought it would sound great live and fit the narrative in the ie or the ei tour
  6. Wonderful footage. Watch the cameraman during 'the cities a flood' in Streets. That made the DVD.

7. Haha, yep, nice catch. That definitely made it on to the DVD. Long time ago I began to think there was much more footage from the 1st night than we think - once the sun came down it was basically the same gig, same set.

The "money shot" (41:30) is pretty fucking impressive too - better than the actual DVD one, really!

8. Great footage especially for the time it must have been a small video camera as they were very strict at the time about filming concerts you'd be thrown out if you were caught.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Haha, yep, nice catch. That definitely made it on to the DVD. Long time ago I began to think there was much more footage from the 1st night than we think - once the sun came down it was basically the same gig, same set.

The "money shot" (41:30) is pretty fucking impressive too - better than the actual DVD one, really!

[image]
    That crowd shot during Streets was mighty good. Arms in the air the whole way back.
  10. Just watching Bruce Springsteen on the Graham Norton show... 70 years old, amazing. It reminds me of when the boys were on there in 2014, bloody hell that bike accident and the 2016 thing has aged the B Man.
  11. Originally posted by popmarter:Great footage especially for the time it must have been a small video camera as they were very strict at the time about filming concerts you'd be thrown out if you were caught.
    Try catching one single camera among a plain 80k crowd
  12. I think your mum can be spotted, right there, slightly to the left, row nr #3490