1. Sadly not me.

‘Them old fuckers’ - germcevoy (Age 13)
  2. "Our attitude to touring has changed a lot. We're just going to tour when and where we want to for how long we want to." - Bono prior to Zoo TV

How things have changed
  3. Like much of his songwriting, that's a cleverly ambiguous statement. It applies equally to more extensive AND less frequent touring, depending on how you choose to read it.
  4. I think he's referring to them being forced out into two Joshua Tree tours by livenation to satisfy their contract obligations
  5. Ultraviolet might be the edge's signature guitar song
  6. That title is shared between Pride and Streets I'm afraid.

Here's my thought about UV though:

You can swap it with God Part II on R&H and they both would fit.
  7. Good god how much of a knob did Bono make of himself at that SFU2 sign at the Save the Yuppies gig. Been a long time since I watched that. Emotions running high but yikes.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:Good god how much of a knob did Bono make of himself at that SFU2 sign at the Save the Yuppies gig. Been a long time since I watched that. Emotions running high but yikes.
    Enniskillen had just happened 3 days earlier and the poor man didn't know where he stood. Maybe he just didn't even remembered they were in San Francisco lol

But yeah despite all that it's hilarious to see him mistakenly ranting about Sinn Fein
  9. Yeh, but remember guys that they were originally shooting that concert for it to be included in RAH (the movie) and maybe Bono wanted to make a statement about the IRA - a powerful one - and yes we can all laugh now because WE know that it was a San Francisco flag/banner but Bono was thinking about the movie and getting his message across because (wow, this is a long sentence but nearly finished now) the people viewing the film would've been none the wiser and therefore it would've been a good powerful emotional moment but I guess they went for the (amazing) SBS performance instead.

There - finished.
  10. What do you guys think is the best U2 song of this decade?
    I think it is Every Breaking Wave or Ordinary Love.
  11. Originally posted by Bart20:What do you guys think is the best U2 song of this decade?
    I think it is Every Breaking Wave or Ordinary Love.
    Love is bigger.