1. i would think willie nelson would be a better way to think than elvis.
  2. Just watching From The Sky Down again for the first time in ages... great doc. Just over 6 years old and Bono looks 20 years younger plus if they stand in a circle making notes and having a feedback session when rehearing The Fly, how come they let WOWY go out like that every night since 1987 (maybe 1992)?

3. Getting ridiculous
  4. Listening to a Vertigo tour version of Streets.

Bono "This is our moment to do what's right."

Larry: "crash cymbal" ***** "crash cymbal"

Yes, that is what's right ^^^^

* = stick
  5. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Listening to a Vertigo tour version of Streets.

* = stick
    * * * * * +
    * * * * * +
    * * * * * +
    * * * * * +

Epic
  6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Still thinking about U2's relevance in the 201x's:

it's like if Elvis Presley was releasing albums in the early 90's, 40 years after he started...
    I'm imagining myself back in college, what would happen if while I'm listening to U2, Radiohead, Nirvana, REM, Pearl Jam, Guns N Roses, Depeche Mode, The Cure... and here comes a "fresh new" one more album from Elvis Presley... I can totally imaging myself doing a big roll-eyes, and in the best case saying something along the lines of "ok, I get it, he's awesome, but I don't care about it... maybe I'll enjoy his new single a couple of weeks, but there's no way I'd be interested in listen to the whole album..."

It wouldn't matter what music he'd be playing in the 90's... it wouldn't matter if he's playing 50's music, or if he's playing some achtung baby progressive shit... it would sound old and out of time still, because it's fucking Elvis the one playing it.

It makes me sad because, first and most important, it makes me feel really old ("listening to U2 now is like listening to Elvis in the 90's??? holy shit!!!"), but also because it doesn't matter how good U2's music is, or the musical style they go for, it will sound outdated.
    Bloodraven, I think you just won the internet.
  7. i can't believe it's over 12 years since the vertigo tour finished up
  8. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Listening to a Vertigo tour version of Streets.

* = stick
    I always thought the open hi-hat was better myself.
  9. I bet y'all gonna say i'm crazy but somehow this song always reminds me of Last Night on Earth