1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I miss the 360 tour. What a fucking show that was.

Might watch a bootleg or the Rose Bowl dvd tonight

What's the best-looking/sounding multi-cam out there from 360?
    Zurich 2, look no further.
  2. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Mother Time?

According to myth, it was the Titan Kronos (Cronus) who became ruler of time.* Hence the word "chrono" and all its derivatives

But you are right: time waits for no one...

*some say it was the god Chronos though (but that was -or is? - a he too).

haha, "Mother Time" struck me too - I always think of time as masculine, while nature & history are femenine. English is so simple that it has no grammatical gender for most nouns, but those of us who speak gender-specific languages always wonder about this
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

haha, "Mother Time" struck me too - I always think of time as masculine, while nature & history are femenine. English is so simple that it has no grammatical gender for most nouns, but those of us who speak gender-specific languages always wonder about this
    Time is definitely masculine. Anything that destroys you, sucks the life out of you, takes from you, etc... is undoubtedly masculine machismo.

#womenoftheworld
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Time is definitely masculine. Anything that destroys you, sucks the life out of you, takes from you, etc... is undoubtedly masculine machismo.

#womenoftheworld
    Hahahahhaa, gotta love your explanation
  5. My god those South American Popmart shows.
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

#womenoftheworld
    “Time -
    He flexes like a whore,
    Falls wanking to the floor.
    His trick is you and me, boy."--David Bowie
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

As you know, in Spanish, "Father Time" is a common expression.
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Mother Time?

According to myth, it was the Titan Kronos (Cronus) who became ruler of time.* Hence the word "chrono" and all its derivatives

But you are right: time waits for no one...

*some say it was the god Chronos though (but that was -or is? - a he too).

As long as the man is in very good health now I don't care what he looks like. Old Mother Time* has a way of beating the shit out of us all folks!

* according to me (I like to change things now and again if things are steeped in myth).

Affirmative though, the saying is 'Old Father Time'. And yes, someone is a student of (or knows) their Greek mythology. It's also in the Christian mythology too.
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

#womenoftheworld
    LOL...but I gotta give it to @ELIZIUM : if father wants to be a mother now, it should of course be possible in this day of age
  10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    LOL...but I gotta give it to @ELIZIUM : if father wants to be a mother now, it should of course be possible in this day of age
    Love it!
  11. Listening to Pride on the Sirius channel today and it kind of hit me that despite choosing Streets as U2’s signature song, I really think it could be Pride.

When I first saw the band in 2009, I was in off of Streets and again in 2011. I was thrilled to hear Pride in that concert as well and it really struck me. When I saw them on I+e Pride was above and beyond Streets in terms of emotional connection.

In the current times we live in and the overarching message of U2, I think Pride is finding more and more relevancy and legitimacy as U2’s signature song.