1. Atomic Bomb has a very special place in my heart so maybe I overestimate its merits but... it’s got to have some pretty mass appeal. The thing swept the Grammys, the singles all did well, got great reviews... but it’s limited to the same two songs forever? I hope they continue and amplify their resurrection if Bomb songs going forward, it was good to have ABOY back this past tour.
  2. One isn't the same anymore without Bono noodling on the guitar.
  3. People Get Ready is underrated.

Especially the LoveTown versions.
  4. Agreed. I was just listening to live version the other day and had that same thought.
  5. U2 should put on a free show somewhere. Unfortunately, Live Nation would kill them?

The Rolling Stones did it in Rio de Janeiro and Havana. Some very special shows for them, especially Rio. That was truly iconic. (OK the city paid for it but still )
  6. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:U2 should put on a free show somewhere. Unfortunately, Live Nation would kill them?

The Rolling Stones did it in Rio de Janeiro and Havana. Some very special shows for them, especially Rio. That was truly iconic. (OK the city paid for it but still )
    Funny that I came to this thread to post something similar:

Bono has gone on record (they probably all have) as saying that U2 don't tour to make money, and that they don't need any more money - but that they only tour because they believe in releasing new and relevant (to the time) music and performing that music to the world.

Okay, Bono - why do U2 tickets (particularly seated tickets) cost so damn much then? And don't tell me it's because Live Nation sets the prices - if anyone can negotiate a lower ticket price for their fans, it's U2.
  7. Originally posted by Release3:93.1 XRT in chicago is such a great platform for U2. Always playing new material, and within the last month I’ve heard Salome, Stay, Best Thing, and of course the war horses. But they play their entire catalogue.
    +100 my favorite station of all time, the best U2 radio too as everything you said is so true.
  8. Anyone have specific examples of Bono using auto tune during 360? I know it’s been discussed in the past. I’ll listen to boots of that tour and sometimes think “was that auto tune?” One example would be Your Blue Room from chicago towards the end. Sounds a bit digital.
  9. Originally posted by Release3:Anyone have specific examples of Bono using auto tune during 360? I know it’s been discussed in the past. I’ll listen to boots of that tour and sometimes think “was that auto tune?” One example would be Your Blue Room from chicago towards the end. Sounds a bit digital.
    I don't think Bono has ever used auto-tune live. There are a few instances of studio recordings where he has, obviously Love Is All We Have Left but also some NLOTH and SOI instances I think. It's always very subtle though. But live??
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I don't think Bono has ever used auto-tune live. There are a few instances of studio recordings where he has, obviously Love Is All We Have Left but also some NLOTH and SOI instances I think. It's always very subtle though. But live??
    Yeah, this.

Obviously Bono has used vocal effects live? The Fly, for example?
  11. Vocal effects are a totally different matter for sure. He's used distortion, reverb, delay and modulations plenty of times, both live and studio.
  12. I can’t remember where I saw this, but I remember people questioning whether bono was getting some help with auto tune on 360. Not completely digital like in Love Is All We Have Left, but just a smidge. I might overthink it when listening to 360 boots now lol I just thought I remember seeing that somewhere