1. where/when is this one from?
  2. The names are quickly overlooked I guess. I get the association with Fortunate Son, the drum pattern is similar and the tempos are very close (137.63 vs. 140 for Vertigo)
  3. 2014 is my guess
  4. yup, thats my guess too.

-he's wearing the SOI necklace he started wearing in 2nd half of 2014.
    - but he doesnt yet have the blonde hair from tour May 2015

so most likely in small window of 2014 (sept-oct) before the bike accident.... but I was really hoping someone could nail exactly when/where
  5. Good god Streets used to be special.
  6. The Edges guitar tone was at its peak during the Elevation tour. Vertigo was good too. Ever since I feel like there’s so many sequences and effects, his tone almost sounds too “manufactured.” Can’t really think of the right word to describe it.

I guess what I’m saying is songs like Streets, Still Haven’t Found, Bad, etc. sounded much better 10-15 years ago when it was just guitar, amp, a little compression, a little drive, and delay. Now those songs sound like they have 10 different effects and sequences which takes away from the natural and simple sound of amp and guitar.

I get he’s an effects guru, but sometimes I feel like it’s overdone and potentially why setlists are so structured because of the time it would take to “perfect” a tone.

This is all opinion of course
  7. Too many cooks and all that.

All it needs is a red screen and Larry sticks to rescue it. And Bono not uttering the word ‘community’.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:Too many cooks and all that.

All it needs is a red screen and Larry sticks to rescue it. And Bono not uttering the word ‘community’.
    Haha, yes! And the stick intro makes it much more dramatic and solid.
  9. The guitar tone for Streets on the Elevation Tour remains my favourite.