1. Me neither. But I have LOTS of fun trying

You're all welcome, thanks for the kind words. Practice, rehearse and enjoy!
  2. thanks a lot for sharing this, Sergio, much appreciated
    I do more violence to my guitars than actually performing the art of playing but I can pretend I know how to do things, right.... if Bono can... I can, too dream out loud downloading now, curious to hear what it sounds like.
  3. i don't even know how to hold a guitar but you made a good and very interesting job

you can play "People get ready" then
  4. I just recalled that the very first thing I tried to play myself by U2 on my guitar was "Things to make and do", because to me it sounded so easy to do. Major fail
  5. btw, not meaning to slightly go off topic, but I've wondered lately.... is it technically possible to take a live concert recording, let's say soundboard so the audience is excluded, and get Bono's singing off it? Not that I don't love his voice, on the contrary - but I was dreaming about a full live gig just instrumental. Like the rehearsals without the Bman. Any idea?

/tech dork #1 at your service again
  6. Originally posted by MacStripey:btw, not meaning to slightly go off topic, but I've wondered lately.... is it technically possible to take a live concert recording, let's say soundboard so the audience is excluded, and get Bono's singing off it? Not that I don't love his voice, on the contrary - but I was dreaming about a full live gig just instrumental. Like the rehearsals without the Bman. Any idea?

/tech dork #1 at your service again

Doing instrumentals from an already recorded source is not easy, not at all. And moreover, if it's a live recording (where there are lots more of voices besides the singer's one), it becomes harder. It's easier to extract the vocals (and erase the rest of it) than the opposite.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Doing instrumentals from an already recorded source is not easy, not at all. And moreover, if it's a live recording (where there are lots more of voices besides the singer's one), it becomes harder. It's easier to extract the vocals (and erase the rest of it) than the opposite.

I see. Nothing works without Bono thanks for explaining
  8. In fact I haven't explained anything The only way to remove the vocals from an audio file is removing its certain range of frequencies (total human voice's range goes from 80 to ~3500 Hz, in music it's more usual a 110 to 1200Hz range). Removing or attenuating that frequencies, apart from the obvious degradation that the music also suffers, is much more difficult when the recording takes place live. In a live recording, frequencies "have less definition" (if that makes any sense - it has for me lol xD) than in a clean, studio recording -> hence the bigger difficulty in removing a certain range. More can be understood here and here
  9. Thankyou so much,,downloaded last night lovin playin along with In God's County and Stay.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:In fact I haven't explained anything The only way to remove the vocals from an audio file is removing its certain range of frequencies (total human voice's range goes from 80 to ~3500 Hz, in music it's more usual a 110 to 1200Hz range). Removing or attenuating that frequencies, apart from the obvious degradation that the music also suffers, is much more difficult when the recording takes place live. In a live recording, frequencies "have less definition" (if that makes any sense - it has for me lol xD) than in a clean, studio recording -> hence the bigger difficulty in removing a certain range. More can be understood here and here

I don't understand a word LOL but that's me. No chance of making these things clear to me

however, meant to say..... this Edge Sound compilation comes closest to what I was thinking of...on a good number of these songs Bono isn't to be heard at all, so for me it works like an instrumental gig

and OMG everyone, listen to the beginning of "Breathe" -- that machine gun fire Larry fires into your ears is the greatest thing I've ever heard
  11. This compilation is great.

Unfortunately some of the songs like Bad and Streets have been tuned up a half tone to the (wrong) standard tuning.

So it is somewhat strange to tune songs back down a half tone to their original tuning. That makes the sound quality not better...
  12. Does anyone have the actual loop for Bad, it was here years ago.

Please link me.