1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    That was legendary, Sonia Although I liked the extra sarcasm on Thejonner's original comment too.

-

Never been a Star Trek fan, I'm more of a Star Wars boy. Sorry, I know I'm not welcome in this thread

Nevertheless, I love doing Spock's greeting (I have fun of my girflriend because she can't get her fingers to do it, hahaha)
    [image]

Oh, and last but not least: I love the Star Trek' GIFs like this one:
    [image]

Epic gifs are epic. I wish I hadn't blown out my photobucket account so I could throw in some of mine.
  2. Originally posted by thejonner:It does where I live - most cherries are popped to farmyard animals around here.

And I was only kidding, my humourless Star Trek chums - I thought JJ Abrams' film was absolutely fantastic. It got the balance of old and new, playing to fans and non-fans alike just about perfect. Calm down, honestly. Anyway, what do you care what anyone else says about the stuff you like? That's how religious wars start...

I didn't get the first part, but I heartfully agree with the second part. You just cracked up a joke about the "geek" natureness of the Star Trek series (=most teenager/young 'geeks' are said not to have relationships and/or sex because of spending too many time with their nerd things, etc), and it was just an innocent comment that nobody appreciated. Don't worry
  3. Sorry, remember that it's hard to "hear" how a person says something when it's text only! Easy to misunderstand each other in text. Smileys are good too

Star Trek is something that I find myself having less and less time to nerd... and U2 is one of the contributors to that...
  4. Originally posted by thejonner:[..]

It does where I live - most cherries are popped to farmyard animals around here.

And I was only kidding, my humourless Star Trek chums - I thought JJ Abrams' film was absolutely fantastic. It got the balance of old and new, playing to fans and non-fans alike just about perfect. Calm down, honestly. Anyway, what do you care what anyone else says about the stuff you like? That's how religious wars start...

well, I pity you that you live that far off from civilization that you need to point out you've slept with a human being in order to feel special

why exactly did you comment in this post? think I missed it

5. I have to admit, I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes, but it didn't work for me so I stopped. Maybe I missed the better episodes then, I don't know. It's just that all the other series followed each other in the timeline and played one after another, so it all made sense to me (for example, "Generations" when Kirk and Picard met, it was like a hand-over from one generation to the next) -- Enterprise felt strange to me. But I'm always willing to be proved wrong. If you guys tell me it's definitely worth watching I'll give it a try

Voyager had a great opening episode, the pilot movie was magnificent. But then the first season wasn't that good, imo, but I sticked to it. And it got better with each season. The final two years hold some of the best Trek episodes ever

6. Petty minded sarcasm. Honestly, some Trekkies are worse than Smiths fans when it comes to a sense of humour...

7. if you say so
  8. Originally posted by MacStripey:[..]

I have to admit, I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes, but it didn't work for me so I stopped. Maybe I missed the better episodes then, I don't know. It's just that all the other series followed each other in the timeline and played one after another, so it all made sense to me (for example, "Generations" when Kirk and Picard met, it was like a hand-over from one generation to the next) -- Enterprise felt strange to me. But I'm always willing to be proved wrong. If you guys tell me it's definitely worth watching I'll give it a try

Voyager had a great opening episode, the pilot movie was magnificent. But then the first season wasn't that good, imo, but I sticked to it. And it got better with each season. The final two years hold some of the best Trek episodes ever

Yeah, Voyagers pilot is great! Watching season 1 now, and it's a little dull, the last episode I saw (Kazon Nistrim, Seska betrayal-episode) was good though!

Enteprise is very inconsistent, there are some real pearls in it though! And season 3, which is where I am now is pretty thrilling, but war all the time gets a little "dull" too...
  9. I love the TOS of star trek, Kirk is the man ,, pacard is all right but the NG films are crap ( only first contact cuts it ) as for the spin offs there all right. I named my oldset lad James Tiberius and my youngest Jack" O'Neill from stargate,,,needless to say they hate me for it .
  10. bump

Watching The Voyage Home for what's probably the 5th och 6th time right now, I've lost count

Anyway, I think this movie is hilarious, really gotta love the comedy side of Star Trek

What does U2start-ST-fans think of it?
  11. you're saying Star Trek IV ? I'm all yours funniest of all the movies. When Spock neck-pinches the punk in the bus? priceless also the dialogues...... Kirk in that park.... or trying to eat a pizza.... and all the misunderstandings.... I love it. Trek at its best

now that I think of it, it's time I watch ST IV again.

at the moment they're re-running TNG on one of our local tv channels.... good to see it again