1. Originally posted by bushido529:The backlash of this record which cause U2 to have the relevant mindset that cause them to go the mainstream pop sound with modern producers. Even though I love SOI and like SoE, I always wondered what SoA would've been with complete versions of North Star, EBW (360 Version), Mercy, Boy Falls From The Sky (pre spiderman)
    Yes to all!!!!
  2. I often wonder was Songs of Ascent just a figment of Bono’s imagination. I like to think it’s not and that some place somewhere there is an almost finished album of contemplative pieces; more in the vein of Soon, White as Snow etc. Maybe for an anniversary release we’ll see the great lost U2 album appear, complete with a glorious Enofied electronica EBW. We can dream!
  3. Originally posted by TheRefugee:I often wonder was Songs of Ascent just a figment of Bono’s imagination. I like to think it’s not and that some place somewhere there is an almost finished album of contemplative pieces; more in the vein of Soon, White as Snow etc. Maybe for an anniversary release we’ll see the great lost U2 album appear, complete with a glorious Enofied electronica EBW. We can dream!
    Someone back last year did a full band version of EBW from 2010

4. whoops double post
  5. One day I'll meet Bono and ask him about Song's of Ascent.
  6. Originally posted by TheRefugee:I often wonder was Songs of Ascent just a figment of Bono’s imagination. I like to think it’s not and that some place somewhere there is an almost finished album of contemplative pieces; more in the vein of Soon, White as Snow etc. Maybe for an anniversary release we’ll see the great lost U2 album appear, complete with a glorious Enofied electronica EBW. We can dream!
    I am positive that they say this type of thing ( we could have made another album from the left over cuts ) as it covers up that they really are struggling with either a creative spark or Bono has 'writers block' so they just squeeze out an album but talk of left overs is simply BS.
  7. Giving this a listen for the first time in ages. It's aged very, very well to me. Would love them to bring back Breathe on tour, what a banger
  8. Originally posted by colbourne25:Giving this a listen for the first time in ages. It's aged very, very well to me. Would love them to bring back Breathe on tour, what a banger
    Agreed, aging very well, I think it’s refreshing to listen to what is quite a different sort of album in the u2 catalogue. As much as I like the last couple of albums compared to NLOTH you can hear how they’ve mellowed quite a bit with age.