2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. The Big One.

2011-06-24 - Glastonbury Festival, England

Aereal view: http://peterhaupt.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/glastonbury-site-from-the-air.jpg

Capacity
    Depends on the main act, but the big field in front of The Pyramid Stage uses to hold between 55 and 75-80.000 people.

U2starters attending the festival/the U2 show: (4)
    andyuk36 (GB), chatts99 (GB), docrick (FL), WojBhoy (GB).

Websites to watch it:
    -UK residents: www.bbc.co.uk
    -Outside-UK: www.expatshield.com

Setlist:

Even Better Than The Real Thing
    The Fly
    Mysterious Ways
    / Independent Women (snippet)
    Until The End Of The World
    One

Jerusalem (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)
    I Will Follow
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    / Movin' On Up (snippet)
    Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    Beautiful Day
    / Rain (snippet)
    Elevation
    Get On Your Boots
    / She Loves You (snippet)
    Vertigo / Garageland (snippet)
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Bad
    / Jerusalem (snippet)
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)

With Or Without You / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)
    Yellow (snippet) / Moment of Surrender
    Out Of Control
    !!!

So the show eventually took place, people!! And you can download it here:

2011-06-24 - Glastonbury, England - Glastonbury Festival

2. Original post (edited in order to make this the official Glasto thread):
    Originally posted by popmarter:If as widely predicted U2 play the friday ,does their musical career as a commercial force depend on it,as its the most popular and watched festival in the world ,and in the UK a lot of begrudgers want to see U2 fall flat on their face,just check the Nme to see the hate against them.Can they rise to the occasion and what sort of setlist will they play?

[image]

There was a Glasto topic already wasn't there? Or was it closed

Anyway, I think it'd be great and very exciting. They'd pull off an extraordinary perfomance, well hopefully they would. Announcement should be soon enough anyway
  3. EDIT. Glastonbury's Official Countdown:
    [html]<iframe width="520" height="940" src="http://www.u2glastonburycountdown.com/?nofb=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/html]

We had another topic regarding 2010's Glasto fail, it can be found here: http://www.u2start.com/topic/7039/

I'd love to see them play, but I'm afraid they might fuck it up (mainly with a poor setlist selection)...
  4. they could pull it off with a full set of old anthems and go down a storm but i think they would get panned on this site for doing it. there will be a mainstream uk festival crowd who wouldn't know new material or an old classic if it fell on them stoned.
    'you cant please all of the people all the time etc'
  5. Is it even posibble for U2 to play on Glastonbury? And if they will play there wouldnt that be anounced already?
  6. Said it somewhere already, newspapers and tv and radio in Belgium announced last week that U2 would indeed play on Glastonbury. Strange that there are so many reports here when it's not official yet.
  7. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Said it somewhere already, newspapers and tv and radio in Belgium announced last week that U2 would indeed play on Glastonbury. Strange that there are so many reports here when it's not official yet.

Even more strange is the fact that this lack of official stuff is happening with their tour, albums and news...

8. And it's not cool, or mysterious, or generating 'will-they-won't-they?' hype - it's just annoying.
  9. I read the other day that Beyonce is headlining.
  10. right on sunday 26 .. Coldplay on saturday 25 .. and on one of the other 2 days ....?
    who knows
  11. Glastonbury takes place from June 22nd - June 26th, right?

U2 play in Baltimore on the 22nd and East Lansing on the 26th. They could fly in on the 23rd, play on the 24th, and fly back on the 25th???
  12. they could manage with the time zone or teleportation
    very hard indeed