2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. I don’t think it was a memorable set for anyone but U2 fans.
  2. It was not even a memorable set for this U2 fan. Just a shortend 360 set. I should've listened to their own advise: don't believe the hype...

Perfomance was nice though 😃
  3. Yes, it lacked energy, there were mistakes, etc.
  4. I think it's just a good concert.
    And it's a shame that something goes wrong during the intro of "Even better than the real thing"
  5. It was over for me when Streets was nowhere near as good as Muse the year before. Edge had more fun with Muse.
  6. Agreed.

The abrupt start to Streets with no organ during the snippet was quite bad. It needs to build up. And then Edge pausing during the intro for a second...

The Fly was the only good performance IMO.
  7. I also find it funny how fans react to different shows. The Glastonbury show is one of my favorite shows and as a live video document blows the terrible Rose Bowl fiasco out of the water. That is nigh unwatchable.
  8. Originally posted by unclejosh:I also find it funny how fans react to different shows. The Glastonbury show is one of my favorite shows and as a live video document blows the terrible Rose Bowl fiasco out of the water. That is nigh unwatchable.
    It's funny because they might be the worst 2 nights of the whole 2009-2011 period Literally EVERY other DVD from that period is way more enjoyable than Glastonbury and Pasadena.
  9. Glastonbury was such a missed opportunity. Obviously, had Bono not injured himself I think 2010 would have been much better with the perfect conditions that year (2011 was horrendous) and them wanting to open with Streets. They made so many mistakes as well, fluffing the beginning of Even Better really set the tone for the whole night.

I do like most of the setlist but the No Line songs should have been dropped entirely...you can hear about 8 people cheer when they play GOYB. Should have been swapped with NYD or AIWIY.
  10. I still think they should have another crack at a very high profile festival.

Coachella! No rain there
  11. Haha Coachella could bring out the ol Popmart era 'desert throat'!

I'd like to see them have another crack at something too. I feel they'd do much better. It's just a shame Glasto didn't quite deliver as they kicked ass for so much of the 360 era.
  12. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]
    Haha Coachella could bring out the ol Popmart era 'desert throat'!

I'd like to see them have another crack at something too. I feel they'd do much better. It's just a shame Glasto didn't quite deliver as they kicked ass for so much of the 360 era.
    Michael Eavis said a few months ago "I think U2 should come back,"
    "It rained a lot when they were here, and they were very disappointed with the weather, and I had promised them it wouldn't rain.
    "They are definitely welcome back again to play."

That would definitely be interesting to see ,in 2011 when they played Glastonbury they were in the middle of a US tour so it really wasn't ideal for them to be flying over straight after a gig dealing with Jet lag and the harsh weather, however the performance was solid enough and it was generally well received by most