2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Bono needs to unleash everything he has. He needs to exhaust himself.
  2. Originally posted by patssox95:[..]

cause they will play a crap set list when the people will only want the hits...and they will be booed simply because they are not radiohead, the fest goers are there every year and they know what to expect from the best/biggest bands in the world and anything short of that the fans will smell the weakness in the air and they will let their voices be heard...although this must be the most anticipated concert since floyd reuniting for live 8, i think?

I dont know but U2 is one of the and maybe the best live band in the world, and I dont think Radiohead or Muse or Bruce Springsteen who played there all played their biggest hits right?
  3. Maybe ive lived in a U2 bubble for too long coz i find am allway defending the boys to people at work,,i mean all the time , and it's the people who call them selfs 'music lovers ' who hate them with a passion. i put it down to the fact that there bands they back arnt asbig and i tell them that, i do agree that they need to pull out some songs from pop and maybe 2 songs from zooropa to a epic greatest hits set list. Can you imagine an oncore starting with zooropa !!!!!!! man i would cream my pants ( sorry to any ladys reading this )..
  4. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]

I dont know but U2 is one of the and maybe the best live band in the world, and I dont think Radiohead or Muse or Bruce Springsteen who played there all played their biggest hits right?

maybe not all their hits, but the boots i've listened to of theirs at the glast fest all have more hits than their average shows for that year - here's a sample of 2003 - there there, talk show host, nat anthem, fake plastic trees, evrything in its, karma police and street spirit...
    But i did just have the best news for my U2 summer, unfortunatwely i won't make it to glastonbury, but U2 has a week off before their 2 anaheim shows and i will be attending both, they MIGHT be practicing songs and a setlist for Glastonbury and give us a taste in anaheim before they're off to glast!?!?! It could be my very own glastonbury 6,000 miles away!
  5. Originally posted by thecopperkid:Maybe ive lived in a U2 bubble for too long coz i find am allway defending the boys to people at work,,i mean all the time , and it's the people who call them selfs 'music lovers ' who hate them with a passion. i put it down to the fact that there bands they back arnt asbig and i tell them that, i do agree that they need to pull out some songs from pop and maybe 2 songs from zooropa to a epic greatest hits set list. Can you imagine an oncore starting with zooropa !!!!!!! man i would cream my pants ( sorry to any ladys reading this )..

I hate to say it but if they do what YOU hope for they will be booed off the stage - see this is where fans must realize that this moment for U2 is big and they can only play the broadest setlist possible to make the night take off...really, no offense but in what world does playing POP songs or ZOOROPA make for a great festival setlist, are you that out of touch, what you ask would be great surprises for a solo U2 concert but not for a fest...if they did this you will be defending your U2 to coworkers for the rest of your life! the reason you still have to defend U2 is probably because you make the worst points ever and many others on this site might have converted some of those people to our side of the U2 fence by now, please don't speak of U2 outside this website again, you give us all a Bad name.
  6. I posted something here towards the back end of the year about U2 and the inkling feeling I had that they would play Glastenbury. I was disapointed that the response to my post was that it was in the wrong place! I dont think at the time some of you understood how important this gig could be for them. I felt and feel this gig is important because if they crack Glastenbury, then they will carry on for quite a few years more due to winning new fans. For sentamental reasons, the UK is important for them as London was where they first tried to make it outside of Ireland. If the UK still loves em, then they will carry on. Once the UK falls out of love with them (god, I hope not!) then they will seriously think about calling it a day. This gig is massive for them. Will they pull it off. If anyone can, U2 can (and will).

I love this band so much. One of my fellow u2starters put in a post that they are everything to him. After my family, im right there with him!
  7. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]

and Bruce, man you should look up that setlist, its one of the best he's played since the 1980's(typically for Bruce they play nearly 30 songs! if U2 leave the stage with anything under 20 songs its a disappointment)...When the stakes are this high bands can either rise to the occasion or they coast on their past accomplishments - meaning either people talk about this concert for a long time or it becomes just another U2 show and they waste another chance to blow people away and live up to the hype that seemingly keeps them from aquiring new fans, we all will rejoice with the sound of the cheers for our favorite band and some of those U2 detractors might approach us the day after and finally say "hey can i borrow that Achtung thing CD?"
  8. Originally posted by patssox95:[..]

and Bruce, man you should look up that setlist, its one of the best he's played since the 1980's(typically for Bruce they play nearly 30 songs! if U2 leave the stage with anything under 20 songs its a disappointment)...When the stakes are this high bands can either rise to the occasion or they coast on their past accomplishments - meaning either people talk about this concert for a long time or it becomes just another U2 show and they waste another chance to blow people away and live up to the hype that seemingly keeps them from aquiring new fans, we all will rejoice with the sound of the cheers for our favorite band and some of those U2 detractors might approach us the day after and finally say "hey can i borrow that Achtung thing CD?"

Best setlist because he played his greatest hits?
  9. Originally posted by patssox95:I would love to see costume changes, something to have fun - like The edge in his joshua tree garb or adam in his zoo tv stuff, and larry, well t-shirt and jeans of course, and what if Bono came out in a mullet wig! They could have the fans eating out of their hands and set the standard for big band big concert appearances for a long time... this could be remembered like a Beatles at Shea stadium.

and dare i ask for the return of The Dalton bros!!!!!
  10. I can't contain all these thoughts...there will have to be an internet video/audio stream for this fest, its already sold out, i would gladly donate a dollar for their charities to watch it online, they could make some huge dough for needy people!

11. Sorry, best setlist IMO, because i listen to a lot of springstein boots on satellite radio, and he hasn't had a couple hits off an album since the early 90's...so in his own tours he always dusts off forgotton tunes and deep tracks for his audience(like U2 did in Vertigo tour with the old rock songs near the front of the setlists), but when it came to Glast he played a lot hits for a broad audience...

12. and not sure what your getting at here, but what i actually wrote was "ONE OF the best he's played ..." so please be fair.