2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by patssox95:[..]

and not sure what your getting at here, but what i actually wrote was "ONE OF the best he's played ..." so please be fair.

Yeah I know. Do you know you have a button where you can edit your post so you dont post 4 times in a row

2. ha, quite! most of my other thoughts were stand alone ideas so i felt they deserved their own post. Again i'm bubbling right now at another chance for U2 to kill it, after the less than average appearance at R&R HOF i thought they would never get another chance like this!
  3. i went last year, and was so stoked to see them again. then they pulled out.

now this year, the one year i specifically can't go, they decide to give it another go.

rotten bit of luck for me haha, but for everyone else it's a great piece of news. i wonder what they'll do setlist-wise to silence haters?
  4. Originally posted by patssox95:[..]

ha, quite! most of my other thoughts were stand alone ideas so i felt they deserved their own post. Again i'm bubbling right now at another chance for U2 to kill it, after the less than average appearance at R&R HOF i thought they would never get another chance like this!

Ah, I dont care. Im also really looking forward to Glasto and also the new South American leg this is gonna be a great U2year.
  5. Originally posted by bartajax:[..]

Ah, I dont care. Im also really looking forward to Glasto and also the new South American leg this is gonna be a great U2year.

here here! Wow i just read the willie williams quote (at bottom of site page)about him putting Mercy in the setlist for novelty - really poor statement from willie to dismiss it like that, but, the part about putting " trying to throw arms" gives me hope that it will finally become a staple of the 360 show - its the best song they have that only got played on one tour. and then of course the quote from Bono about Miss sarajevo probably shows why that song(a show stopper, but not in a good way) is in the setlist - again it comes off as an FU to the audience - what Bono's quote sounds like to me "...I like this song and i like what it stands for so we will continue to play it and bore the hell out of everyone any way..." its like he says screw you to the fans... ok sure fans do love the song and the sentimentality of it, but there are Sooooo many other greats that i would rather hear, its a no brainer to me - itsl like constantly playing "ground beneath her feet" in elevation shows, a bore.. play grace or so cruel!
  6. also i would not like to see any guests play with U2, it might come off as relying on their stature to put on the show rather than their talent.
    Another thing that i would love to see is if bands on saturday and sunday played covers of U2 songs that didn't get played bu U2 on friday, like if cold play does a version of sweetest thing or sort of homecoming...just make it a celebration!
  7. Originally posted by patssox95:also i would not like to see any guests play with U2, it might come off as relying on their stature to put on the show rather than their talent.
    Another thing that i would love to see is if bands on saturday and sunday played covers of U2 songs that didn't get played bu U2 on friday, like if cold play does a version of sweetest thing or sort of homecoming...just make it a celebration!

Coldplay will sub consciously play a whole set of U2 songs
  8. u2 and muse are pretty close and i wouldn't be suprised if 1 or more members of muse joined them. a thank you from the edge maybe for last year.

the guys who are suggesting obscure u2 songs to make the setlist are almost wanting them to fail. uk festival audiences contain lots of 'hippy' type's or younger drunk/drug fuelled dance crazy fans along with mainstream rock fans who attend year on year. it would self destruct u2 to play songs they would'nt know. i'd think glastonbury is a cert and i think they should also play mercy to show their willing to put in new material. the mainstay of the set however boring some of you guys think it is needs pride and the older predictable songs. it's the only way to cater for all the audience tastes.
  9. Talking of guest appearances, Beyonce will be there all weekend and therefore it's most likely Jay-Z will be about. . . .

10. ohhh hell no, one of the bands best moves last yr was when they didnt invite Jay Z out for the 2nd Melb show. he just stinks it up. i like Jay Z's music but him and U2 dunt mix imo
  11. What do you guys think will be the opener?

Streets? Or would they save that till the end?
    I will Follow? - where it all started?
    Beautiful day or Vertigo? Their most commercial songs in the last decade?
    Mofo? To cater for the dance crowd? I really hope they play this at some point!

I think it will be one of the first three.....would personally prefer Streets or I will Follow.

Edit: Sorry just realised this has been discussed in bits earlier!
  12. Originally posted by AllBeacauseOfZoo:What do you guys think will be the opener?

Streets? Or would they save that till the end?
    I will Follow? - where it all started?
    Beautiful day or Vertigo? Their most commercial songs in the last decade?
    Mofo? To cater for the dance crowd? I really hope they play this at some point!

I think it will be one of the first three.....would personally prefer Streets or I will Follow.

Edit: Sorry just realised this has been discussed in bits earlier!

I was just thinking about it actually.

Maybe Streets at the end, imo.

But if they start off with Breathe, I think that'd be good, because - "24th of June, 10PM, Glastonbury, Pyramid Stage, I wanna stay here forever".