2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1

1. Agreed. If U2 are playing a festival, they should be doing it like everyone else. Maybe bring a few things of their own, but nothing major. Their performance should be on the same stage as everyone else! Not only because it's more professional and fair that way, but also because almost every U2 fan really wants to see them play on a small festival stage once again for the first time in years
  2. The hype is really getting crazy already!! I think we should be a bit worried about BBC's website exploding when everyone jumps on for U2

Here's a question for you guys, I'm in the UK (Well last time I checked ) will I be able to watch it live on the iPlayer.. on my PS3?
    Just imagine watching them live on the big HD screen

And in terms of the setlist I bet Crazy tonight goes for sure 50 year old guys jumping around to a dance song just doesn't work at Glastonbury Nor would Stuck or Stay. I reckon they will opt for Pride or I Still... since they are what the crowd will know better and would get them going better.
  3. Ahum, why is everyone saying you can't watch this on tv outside the UK

I've got BBC 2, like most of you probably, and for Friday there's programmed "U2 Live from Glastonbury" for 75min. That's almost the whole gig.
  4. I hope they bring the Lemon, just because they can.
  5. I think they'll play a lot the big tracks from the 1980's. I'd be surprised (and disappointed for that matter) if any of IWF, SBS, NYD, Pride, Bad, Streets, ISHFWILF and WOWY aren't played. I'd also expect something from R&H like AIWIY and maybe even Desire and a longshot with AoH. Each and every one of these songs is guaranteed to get a great reception.
  6. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

Agreed. If U2 are playing a festival, they should be doing it like everyone else. Maybe bring a few things of their own, but nothing major. Their performance should be on the same stage as everyone else! Not only because it's more professional and fair that way, but also because almost every U2 fan really wants to see them play on a small festival stage once again for the first time in years

exactly. im just worried by this michael eavis quote which, if true would seem to suggest they are bringing extra staging.

i really don't see how they would do it though?! having been to glastonbury 4 times, i can safely say it would be IMPOSSIBLE to set up a catwalk/bstage between morrissey and U2 which would only leave the option of setting it up before performances begin which would mean having a bstage there all day friday which none of the other bands would be be allowed to use and would annoy the hell out of everyone involved... i can't see eavis allowing that and didn't he say months ago that U2 would have to use the same stage as everyone else?!

but where did this quote come from?!?! http://www.atu2.com/news/u2-bringing-their-own-stage-to-glastonbury.html
  7. The Daily Star, did it not?
  8. They should keep it as simple as possible. I think they need to see for themselves how well their music stands on its own - and it will!