2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    I remember thinking at the time, "they've bottled it". I think if it was one-off appearance not in the middle of a tour that's actually occurring on another continent, it would have been far better.
    Very much so. Bono needed to ditch some of the leather too. And not bringing their own crew to direct the broadcast might have helped. It didn’t feel like watching Glastonbury. I don’t think the band were ever going to be humbled by the experience given their status but most of the sets I enjoy are the ones where the act feels like they are achieving something by just playing. That was never going to be the case for Bono.
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Very much so. Bono needed to ditch some of the leather too. And not bringing their own crew to direct the broadcast might have helped. It didn’t feel like watching Glastonbury. I don’t think the band were ever going to be humbled by the experience given their status but most of the sets I enjoy are the ones where the act feels like they are achieving something by just playing. That was never going to be the case for Bono.
    Larry didn't seem too thrilled about it either.

3. That's one way of saying it. A dissapointing night comes closer to the truth 😂😂
  4. why "not the night U2 expected it to be"?
  5. One of my favourite shows!
  6. It was one of their worst big gigs ever
  7. Or one that I revisit. They turned their backs on festivals in 1985 and shouldn’t have allowed themselves to be tempted back.
  8. It was a good gig. Never was gonna be something huge like live aid. Streets too early in the set. Would be better with the orignal setlist (see Page 208 of this thread)
  9. I downloaded "I will follow" from Glastonbury off iTunes it sounds incredible really well mixed and powerful performance it would be great to get the full gig remastered .
  10. I loved the set list. So good.
  11. Originally posted by popmarter:I downloaded "I will follow" from Glastonbury off iTunes it sounds incredible really well mixed and powerful performance it would be great to get the full gig remastered .
    I could see it, whether one likes the gig or not it was iconic.