2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:The run of Stay, bad/40 snippet, streets is just about as good as music gets. Zoo station, the fly and stay on E&I and ultraviolet, with or without you, love is blindness on zoo tv are probably the closest contenders in terms of 3 songs in sequence live.
    I agree with your first triplet but never omit Bullet/Running/Streets from ZooTV!
  2. I’m sure it’s buried way back in the pages of this thread but I recall really liking the original setlist plan for Glastonbury 2010. I think Willie Williams mentioned it.
  3. It is a great sequence but Bullet has never been amongst my top 50 u2 songs, and I prefer RTSS on the vertigo tour, edge on piano basically over guitar for that song. But as a build up to streets it’s still excellent. I had mentioned on a different thread just a day or 2 ago that they should have played that sequence at glastonbury as even though it’s not my personal favourite segue into streets I think it would have pleased most people and would have still felt connected to the AB20 anniversary that was going on at the time. I would have enjoyed it a lot more than the segue they actually did at Glastonbury.
  4. Didn’t really like BTBS (JT or RH versions) until I heard the ZooTV version. They definitely have many better songs but the 1992/3 versions were fantastic.
  5. Zooropa/Streets was great
  6. Originally posted by SJKamal:They never quite nailed the 40 segue, and I don't think Bono's voice could do the AIWIY segue justice nowadays. I'd much rather prefer something like Zooropa again. Just as long as it's not Pride.
    Zooropa segue came after Glastonbury. Not sure Bono’s speeching would have been a bit too Bono for the festival.
  7. Bono did a great job on AIWIY back in 2015 and his voice is not that different now.
  8. This one still listens back well. Performances are good and I like the setlist. It does not warm my heart one little bit however. Shall revisit again in a few years and report back.