1. Best wishes also from me. Walk on!
  2. That is terrible news, I can't imagine how you must feel
    But you have to keep faity, andyou have to keep going! The doctors are like magicians these days.

We might never have met in person, but my thoughs will certainly be with you.

Stay strong

Chris
  3. Wow, I came in here thinking you were going to take a break from U2 for a while, but I was shocked! Even though I haven't been here for long at all I've gotten a warm welcome from you, and you've given me the impression of being one of the best people in this forum. So... Walk On!
  4. We might never have met but after all these years talking to you, I feel as if I do. Take care and the absolute best wishes and love.
  5. Wow, completely shocked, Kristin. You have my thoughts and prayers....Keep us posted, okay? I know that this community here was vital to keeping my spirits up when I had my own medical emergency almost three years ago. Hang in there.....it's just a moment, this too shall pass.
  6. Wow Kirsten this is devastating news, I really wasn't expecting it when I clicked on this thread. My thoughts and prayers are all for you until I see you post here again in the future.

Dia leis thú ach nár laga é do lámh.

Joe
  7. This a big shock for me pfffffff ...stay positive that's one thing i can give you as advice ...
    a friend of my ( 25 years old ) has just diagnosis with cancer. today he is coming home from his fourth and last chemotherapy and if you see he is going on with his disease it's incredible ...
    he looks only forward and want to recover and he fight for his life ... but he is so positive
    he makes walks true the hospital to stay in form ... gets his coffee in the coffee corner ...makes jokes and his only mission is to survive ....we ( his friends) support him in anyway we can ...visit him at home in the hospital ...call him and some even take him to go out ....
    when his parent told me that he have cancer i also was i a big shock particular because he asked for me ... i saw him a view times in the year but now he asked for me to support him to get true this heavy period .... Please Kirsten stay POSITIVE !!!! that's the only advice i can give and look forward and listen as much to U2 as you can....it always help me when i am in a heavy period . But i am sure we all from U2start will support you in this heavy period ....Please ...Stay ...Positive
  8. shocked and want to send my blessing to you with this:

I hope you can find inner peace with this song. get well, and get back.
  9. good luck and hope all goes well. i'm a unit manager on an emergency admissions unit so if you need any advice on anything medical or drug related drop me a pm.
  10. Wow Kirsten...like others, I'm at a complete loss for words. I'm in shock.

You've been an integral part of this community ever since I've been a part of it, and I know that you're strong and your love for life will pull you through this. Please stay strong- this is not a fight that cannot be won.

You have all of our support, prayers, thoughts, and hopes. We love you, Kirsten!
  11. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Wow Kirsten...like others, I'm at a complete loss for words. I'm in shock.

You've been an integral part of this community ever since I've been a part of it, and I know that you're strong and your love for life will pull you through this. Please stay strong- this is not a fight that cannot be won.

You have all of our support, prayers, thoughts, and hopes. We love you, Kirsten!

Amen, all the best to you dear Kirsten. You will be alright, that has to be
  12. so much love from you, my friends, wow... I'm speechless, really thank you for all your good wishes. It can't go wrong this way.

Just got home from the clinic. I spoke to the professor who will do the surgery. He answered my questions as best as he could, at least I feel okay that he was telling everything straight away without hiding any risks or dangers.

On Monday I'll go to the clinic and offically become a patient there, with all the pre-tests being done -- and on Tuesday the surgery itself will happen, sometime between 10am and noon.

three days now to fully realize what will happen. It still seems surreal, but I guess when I lay in bed tonight and the thoughts begin to wander I might become aware that all of this is getting near for real

again, thanks so much, everyone, for your words, it really means a lot to me and helps me go along. This forum really is a tight family and I'm glad to be a part of it thank you.