1. And if the daylight feels like it's a long way off
    And if your glass heart should crack
    And for a second you turn back
    Oh no, be strong

Walk on!

Stay strong. Keep your faith close and your spirit high.
  2. I know how you feel... I had a surgery for a tumour in my brain in 2014.
  3. Always is good to know how are you K , i m sorry to read this ... I hope you will be better soon
  4. Originally posted by MacStripey:Quick update, as real life never stops changing.

My eyesight on both eyes has gone down rapidly in the past weeks. Eye doctor (<-- word?) did several checks. Optical nerves of both eyes showing major loss of function. Especially of the left eye, which underwent surgery a while ago. I can hardly see anymore. Plus dizzyness has increased again, unstable swaying walking. I freaking hate it.
    Headaches have returned for occasional bothering.
    MRI of the head just scheduled for in two weeks from now. My eye doctor says it's urgent to clarify if this is just an afterglow thingy of the radiotherapy I have to live with - or if the tumor is growing again.

Maybe there was a reason why I went to Ireland last month, in means of while I still can. But unless I get results in two weeks, I want to believe life is not kicking my butt again.

/update

I need some Metallica / Linkin Park madness on my earphones now. Loud.

ps: sorry for this in happy U2 news days, but I promised you,my friends, to include you on this, as you're always there and care. Much love, and apologies.

Our thoughts are with you, Kirsten!! I really hope it is just a temporary hitch. All best wishes!
  5. been to MRI scan of my head on Tuesday.

The tumor itself has not grown again, it has not shrinked either but stayed at the same size (which is ~2,5cm). That is good news (because once it grows again, it's done) .

Now, the search for the reason why I lose my eyesight continously goes on. Endless runs to docs, again and again. Maybe "just" an aftermath of the radiotherapy? Something else? Who knows. All I know is, yes, I might be blind anytime soon -- but hey, thank goodness U2 is a music band and not a pantomine group... I can still listen to them, no matter what

Sarcasm, irony, anything to beat real life. Thank you, my dear close friends, for your ongoing support here. You have no idea how much that means to me, again and again. Thank you.

Now, off with the horns, on with the show. We have Brexit, new album and tour rumours to discuss. Way more important than my own little crap over here
  6. Health is more important than anything, good to hear that the tumour hasn't grown again!

7. Good news, K! PM incoming
  8. Thanks K for the update ...
  9. Had the monthly blood test done the other day. My internist just called with the results.
    Some liver parameters that have been high lately have gone higher now. Some blood parameters as well. Doc says he wants to make ultrasound of liver and abdomen by the end of the month. Could be many things. Doc sounded serious and suggested the additional checks, “just to be sure“. Here's to waiting, all the what-ifs in my mind now, gonna be a long month for me.
  10. It can be nothing, so let's just wait for the news in the most reasonable way possible. Stay strong and try not to think about it much - all will be fine
  11. Originally posted by MacStripey:Had the monthly blood test done the other day. My internist just called with the results.
    Some liver parameters that have been high lately have gone higher now. Some blood parameters as well. Doc says he wants to make ultrasound of liver and abdomen by the end of the month. Could be many things. Doc sounded serious and suggested the additional checks, “just to be sure“. Here's to waiting, all the what-ifs in my mind now, gonna be a long month for me.
    hope this isn't gonna sound stupid, love, but if the doc thinks it's urgent, then he shoulda scheduled the scan first thing monday morning! not in a MONTH makes me think/hope it's not as serious as he might've sounded... all fingers crossed it can be easily managed, whatever it is.

sending lots of love and positive energy your way I think of you every day.