1. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Wow Kirsten...like others, I'm at a complete loss for words. I'm in shock.

You've been an integral part of this community ever since I've been a part of it, and I know that you're strong and your love for life will pull you through this. Please stay strong- this is not a fight that cannot be won.

You have all of our support, prayers, thoughts, and hopes. We love you, Kirsten!

Couldnt put it better myself. Thoughts and all very best wishes Kirsten
  2. Kirsten, I wish you all the luck! Remember, keep hope alive! Everyone in this community will be wishing you luck!
  3. Kirsten

Wish I didn't have to read your words...Wish you didn't have to feel what you're feeling...And, to be honest, I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now dear, but I want you to know that we share your heart and soul at this difficult moment and we want you back soon as possible!

Why life bring us things like this is? I guess only One knows, but I think life bring us bad things only for one reason: bad things only happen before good things. It's really hard to take positive lessons at this time, but you'll overcome this situation being stronger friend, stronger than any of us or any people you think it's strong, and to be strong, you have to believe in yourself, believe in God and keep with positive thoughts.

Take a deep breath and feel the vibrations coming from everybody here, from your friends, family and people you love, from God...We'll always be with you at your side, if not physically, spiritually or mentaly.

Hope you could send all the bad feeelings away and substitute then with hope, faith, love and interior peace.

We're praying for you and your health from all around the world!

Aidan
  4. Originally posted by AidanFormigoni:Kirsten

Wish I didn't have to read your words...Wish you didn't have to feel what you're feeling...And, to be honest, I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now dear, but I want you to know that we share your heart and soul at this difficult moment and we want you back soon as possible!

Why life bring us things like this is? I guess only One knows, but I think life bring us bad things only for one reason: bad things only happen before good things. It's really hard to take positive lessons at this time, but you'll overcome this situation being stronger friend, stronger than any of us or any people you think it's strong, and to be strong, you have to believe in yourself, believe in God and keep with positive thoughts.

Take a deep breath and feel the vibrations coming from everybody here, from your friends, family and people you love, from God...We'll always be with you at your side, if not physically, spiritually or mentaly.

Hope you could send all the bad feeelings away and substitute then with hope, faith, love and interior peace.

We're praying for you and your health from all around the world!

Aidan

"Always pain before the child is born"
  5. Deeply saddened by the news Kristen. My thoughts are prayers are with you, and i hope all will be well soon.
  6. Wow what a shock. I hope the operation will be successful and everything works out fine.
    I guess it's too personal to write it publicly, but can you tell what is waiting for your after the operation. For example is there the danger you will lose something like your ability to speak?
    Be strong indeed. I also had a serious operation early this year and it helped a lot to think about things U2 related. Strange but music really can help.
  7. So sorry to here about your troubles.Your very much in our thoughts & prayers from this side of the pond.

Kevin
  8. Originally posted by MacStripey:I was hesitating to post about this at all. But there's a tight group of friends on this forum that I'm glad to be part of, and we've shared more than just the average fan talk or setlist party madness over the years, so it seems to be the right thing to do.

After not feeling well lately I went to a doctor last week. After many checks and numerous examinations, I'm now finally diagnosed with a tumour in my brain. The ultimate news to make you want to go back to bed and wake up again and discover it's all just a bad dream. But it isn't.

So in a couple of hours I'll see the professor who will do the surgery, and I'll get all details about how and when. The tumour needs to be taken out quickly, so we're talking about days. I'll get a definite date tonight and then I'll know when these folks will open my head.

I'm scared for my life and don't know what to do about it. There is nothing to be done anyway. Just listen to U2 and hope for the best. After all, it's always about walking on, right?
    If you have a few positive vibes to share, send them my way, please. I could use them now.

Very best of luck Kirsten. We will all be crossing our fingers. I know you will be back soon!! All the very best.

Julien
  9. Well, I cannot do much more than sending you my positive vibes... And hoping to see you soon around here... Be brave, I really believe in U2's medicinal properties. You'll be back, finer than ever.
  10. I hope you get well soon. And when I say soon, I mean right now.
  11. Dont know what to say but my thoughts are completely with you. If you keep the faith and stay positive you will go through all of this and recover without a doubt. After I read your first post Miracle Drug popped up in my head, I'm sure the doctors will have this miracle drug for you and are able to get you back on your feet as soon as possible!!

I've seen enough I'm not giving up
    On a miracle drug

Of science and the human heart
    There is no limit
    There is no failure here sweetheart
    Just when you quit...

Be Strong!
  12. you folks move me to tears, I hope you know that so much love and support and positive thoughts.... if that won't have me out of all this crap in no time, then I don't know

JR, I printed the picture you made and put it into a small frame. I'll take it with me and put it on the nightstand beside my hospital bed to keep me going. Thank you!!

Jeremy, I remember the days when your own private journey began and your struggle and fight to get up on your feet again, every day another step forward literally- until you finally stood tall and strong at the outer circle of Croke Park. And I was not far behind you then, as you know Remy and I waved at each other. I remember that. And I'm keeping you as my positive example that all things will end well, no matter how bad they look inthe beginning.

Katja, the tumour is surrounding the pituitary gland (Hypophyse) and because of its actual size has already damaged the optic nerve. If all goes well, no other areas will be affected. It's already a given that my right eye will remain damaged in its functionality, but I can live with that if only no other areas get damaged.
    Sorry to hear about your surgery earlier this year.I hope you're doing well again now *hugs*

everyone, thank you, thank you for all your positive thoughts and prayers and well wishes. It means more to me than I can say. The pm's unanswered yet, I'll get to that during the day. Many words for someone who feels pretty speechless right now. You're special, u2start community