1. What does a Muse song 'look' like?
  2. I think this album is better than anything they’ve put out recently.
  3. DOC is such an awesome song. Wicked album!
  4. I think I was hoping for more like dance.. It just seems so bland every time I try and listen. I hope it grows
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Why so?

I think it has a little bit of something for everyone and that might be its only "fault" (so to speak, because diversity can hardly be a bad thing, but anyway): it's a bit too broad, bordering on "vague". But overall I think everyone can really like more than one song on the album because there's a bit for every taste.

A bit like No line on the horizon then ,some duds in there and a few good songs overall it's a bit hit n miss I find myself skipping some songs as it doesn't grab me like Lightning Bolt , I think to have a great album you need to have 8 to 9 strong songs but Gigaton doesn't have that IMO, however when they tour it will be a good test to see how they sound live as like U2 live is where PJ excel and where the songs take on another dimension.
  6. I understand it's your opinion but "unlistenable" is rather hyperbolic. Dread to hear what you thought of the last two albums then.
  7. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    I understand it's your opinion but "unlistenable" is rather hyperbolic. Dread to hear what you thought of the last two albums then.
    I like the new album. But I think I like lightning bolt better.
  8. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    I understand it's your opinion but "unlistenable" is rather hyperbolic. Dread to hear what you thought of the last two albums then.
    Lightning bolt was definitely more up my alley. Especially liked the pendulum.

I can't actually think of an older band that I really dig that I've liked an album of for years. U2s last two are poor, Foo fighters have released unlistenable rubbish since wasting light, arcade fire aren't old but I didn't like EL, Noel Gallagher's last album was a dud, green day's last is in the same boat Coldplay well I won't go there nothing of note for 10 years now. It's just let down after let down!
  9. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    Lightning bolt was definitely more up my alley. Especially liked the pendulum.

I can't actually think of an older band that I really dig that I've liked an album of for years. U2s last two are poor, Foo fighters have released unlistenable rubbish since wasting light, arcade fire aren't old but I didn't like EL, Noel Gallagher's last album was a dud, green day's last is in the same boat Coldplay well I won't go there nothing of note for 10 years now. It's just let down after let down!
    Pendulum is one of favorite Pearl Jam songs ever. I will take Gigaton over SOE any day. I did however , and still do, LOVE SOI.

10. I think Lightning Bolt is their worst album, only narrowly, because Backspacer is just behind it. LB does have its moments, Pendulum being one, but it's lyrically poor and mostly musically uninspiring.
  11. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

I think Lightning Bolt is their worst album, only narrowly, because Backspacer is just behind it. LB does have its moments, Pendulum being one, but it's lyrically poor and mostly musically uninspiring.
    Couldn't agree more!!
  12. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]

I think Lightning Bolt is their worst album, only narrowly, because Backspacer is just behind it. LB does have its moments, Pendulum being one, but it's lyrically poor and mostly musically uninspiring.
    I hear you for sure. I can definitely say that each album has a mood. And I definitely find myself in the mood for LB and Backspacer at times. I can’t probably say Riot Act is my least likes album from them. I’m never in the mood to throw it on.