1. Originally posted by RUMMY:Interesting. Sorry to be a stick in the mud but these are the same bootlegs that you can get on Apple Music.
    I'm always a fan of anything that doesn't involve Apple Music
  2. I have nugs.net anyway where they have even more bootlegs (every single one released as far as I'm aware).
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Depends on the kind of "entertainment" you're going for. Some would say if you want to get "entertained", go watch a movie. Concerts should be something else. There should be music, art, passion, improvisation, spontaineity involved. And having a recurring theme often kill that. U2 kinda mastered the right balance between theme and passion in the 90s but have since then have gone a bit over the top with the theme part of it and now you rarely feel the urge to see more than one or two shows on the same tour because they're all mostly the same, whereas with Pearl Jam and few other bands you're guaranteed to see a 90% different show every night. As I said, it depends on what you're looking for.

A concert = a movie ? Really?

Setlists are another topic.
  4. Pearl Jam Setlist wise are in their own league, once they played 4 shows in Boston? If you attended all 4 you got 100+ songs not a single repeat... but U2 is U2 as much as I love Setlist variety of PJ the Show aspect of U2 is fun... what is bad is that they do not mix it up enough in places where they can ... in songs where visuals do not play an important factor
  5. Read again, please. I didn't say a concert is equal to a movie or anything like that.

6. Pearl Jam fills stadiums. Themes are not important. They are the death of spontaneity. My opinion. I enjoy both types of shows. But nothing compares to having absolutely zero idea of what song will be played next. Especially when any song ,no matter how much of a deep cut, is off the table.
  7. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]

Pearl Jam fills stadiums. Themes are not important. They are the death of spontaneity. My opinion. I enjoy both types of shows. But nothing compares to having absolutely zero idea of what song will be played next. Especially when any song ,no matter how much of a deep cut, is off the table.
    It's something extraordinary indeed. My mouth waters imagining having that feeling with U2. It would make their shows x500 times as exciting for me (and their shows are usually life highlights already).
  8. I used to be someone who was more into the idea of constantly changing setlist’s and it’s not that I’m against it now. There is an excitement that would bring with a show but I don’t know if it would really guarantee a better show. If u2 suddenly played stay in place of elevation one night then it would be excellent but what if the night I go they drop zoo station for I threw a brick through a window? I love zoo station and I think I threw a brick is pretty average, I’m not too bothered about hearing it live. It would be cool for a novelty value almost but not more exciting than zoo station. The other thing to take into consideration is with the way u2 promote new material and how it changes the vibe of the show we do get fairly different setlist’s from one tour to the next. As an example I picked out 2 random PJ setlist’s from 4 years apart (2012 and 2016) and they played 44 different songs between the 2 shows combined (so no repeats included). U2 played 39 different songs when you take Berlin E&I and Paris I&E shows just 3 years apart. Yes if you went to 10 PJ shows in the one tour you’d see much more different songs than you would in 10 u2 shows in the one tour but over several tours you’re probably going to see roughly as many different songs from each band because you’re usually guaranteed half a dozen or so new u2 songs at each new tour plus different regulars from the last tour. No criticism though of the way each band does it, I think PJ do it their way and it works and u2 do it their way and it works.
  9. Meh..I wish U2 would have the balls during any given tour to play an entire album, from start to finish. Not including JT30, of course. But that kind of spontaneity has never been their way
  10. Originally posted by bonoschild:Meh..I wish U2 would have the balls during any given tour to play an entire album, from start to finish. Not including JT30, of course. But that kind of spontaneity has never been their way
    Yeah the times PJ have done it has been out of the blue and in random tour gigs, no announcement or anything. Imagine if you went to two U2 shows in a row, one gets a standard, varied setlist and the other has them playing Achtung Baby or Boy in full all of a sudden. I don't know if I'd be able to handle it.
  11. Originally posted by bonoschild:Meh..I wish U2 would have the balls during any given tour to play an entire album, from start to finish. Not including JT30, of course. But that kind of spontaneity has never been their way
    As long as i don't get SOE i would be fine with that