1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah the times PJ have done it has been out of the blue and in random tour gigs, no announcement or anything. Imagine if you went to two U2 shows in a row, one gets a standard, varied setlist and the other has them playing Achtung Baby or Boy in full all of a sudden. I don't know if I'd be able to handle it.
    U2 play a very “safe” setlist almost robotic in the song choices. Even Bon Jovi pulls out better varied set lists

2. But that’s the point you could get SOE so you wouldn’t necessarily be fine with it. I’d hate to go to a show where they play October in full. Unless you like every single PJ song the amount of rotation they do means they’re always going to play a few stinkers, u2 would be the same if they started playing songs like miami, Elvis presley and America, Boots, I think they’re all rotten songs, for other people they’ll have their least favourites as well so why would I want to hear they songs live?. It’s like people just want to hear the song for the sake of hearing it not because they like it. Just to say I’ve heard all these different songs live. I do understand the surprise factor making a good song seem great in the Setlist but I don’t think the surprise factor makes a poor song seem good.
  3. I will confess, I can be a bit of a Pearl Jam “song hunter” which can indeed have a negative impact on the concert experience (or have a really positive one if you get a few tracks that you’re really hoping for). It is indeed funny that some PJ fans are holding out for what I deem to be “lesser” songs like “Sleight of Hand” or “Ghost” to check of a box. These types of songs are often crowd killers.

With the above said, I can’t wait for the next PJ show in my area and will keep my fingers crossed for “Hail Hail” and “In My Tree.”

4. I was at a PJ show where they played Binaural in full and, although I like the album, the experience kind of sucked.

(Now if I were at one of those shows where they played Ten or Vs in their entirety, that would have been something, for sure!)
  5. I have developed a deeper appreciation for Mike McCready recently, however, he is not aging well.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

But that’s the point you could get SOE so you wouldn’t necessarily be fine with it. I’d hate to go to a show where they play October in full. Unless you like every single PJ song the amount of rotation they do means they’re always going to play a few stinkers, u2 would be the same if they started playing songs like miami, Elvis presley and America, Boots, I think they’re all rotten songs, for other people they’ll have their least favourites as well so why would I want to hear they songs live?. It’s like people just want to hear the song for the sake of hearing it not because they like it. Just to say I’ve heard all these different songs live. I do understand the surprise factor making a good song seem great in the Setlist but I don’t think the surprise factor makes a poor song seem good.
    Yes when they play an album in full there is a chance of a rotten song between the gems. But with SOE it's more that there's 1 gem between the rotten songs. So the solution would be to go to multiple shows 😁🥳
  7. I’ve learned (the hard way) that when PJ plays two shows in your area you go to both of them.
  8. DEEP

An Immersive Pearl Jam Experience

On Friday, Pearl Jam announced the launch of DEEP, an immersive live web hub. Now, you can listen to 186 official shows - containing up to 5,404 individual tracks, spanning two decades of the band’s tour history. 
    By accessing this hub, fans can now search their favorite shows by category and listen to custom-curated playlists, including "DEEP: Best Of," "DEEP: Covers," and "DEEP: Know Your Rights," with many more to come. 

By popular request, DEEP also features a Custom Setlist Generator. By inputting your name and birthday, you can receive a custom setlist generated in Eddie Vedder’s instantly recognizable handwriting. The setlist also transforms into a streamable, custom playlist that has the added bonus of written personal descriptions for the Bootlegs, by you, the fans.

Hope U2.com take note.
  9. Don't say you did not go to both nights of U2 in your area? ... well the surprise factor was low hehe (bar Elevation tour! - just check Koln or Wienna 2night stands... 7-8 songs for U2 this is the most pearljamish change I've expereienced)
  10. I'm famous for saying Cologne was better but in retrospective really 2nd Vienna was amazing the only time I heard 11 O'Clock etc. shame about the Fly though. Anyway Pearl Jam is a role model on many levels! but as much as I love them, I never even listened to all officially relased live covers or so... so sometimes too much is not that good