1. heey I saw some great performances of bands playing some- U2- songs. Does anyone know some great U2 cover bands?
  2. The fact that there are people out there who attempt to recreate the sound that U2 makes as a band is a complete joke.
  3. Originally posted by sdking91The fact that there are people out there who attempt to recreate the sound that U2 makes as a band is a complete joke.

I don't think so, I like tribute/coverbands, it's good for a night out and lot's of fun. Sure, it's nothing compared to the real U2 but the songs are the same and the people who're attending those performances are all U2 fans so that's really cool.
  4. I guess I just disagree then. I just think it's incredibly lame that there are bands out there who aren't creative enough to make their own material, so they have to play the songs of the biggest band in the world in order to perform. Plus it just sounds bad.
  5. Originally posted by sdking91I guess I just disagree then. I just think it's incredibly lame that there are bands out there who aren't creative enough to make their own material, so they have to play the songs of the biggest band in the world in order to perform. Plus it just sounds bad.

Some cover bands like U2UK sound really good and sound just like the band, aside from maybe Bono's voice. It would be my dream to play and sing in a U2 cover band, sing the songs I like I think it's cool people are so passionate about a band and his music.
  6. I saw a band called PLEASE. They are from Barcelona, and really sounds great.
  7. you can find some U2 covers here:
    http://u2-thespiralstaircase.blogspot.com/2007/01/u2-covers-tributes.html

or listen to a band called ZOOFLY (U2 Tribute Band from 2000 to 2004) ... my "old" band (i'm the bass player) ....

Here are a few songs that we recorded during some live shows over the years:

Beautiful day
    even better than the real thing
    gone
    heartland
    lemon
    love is blindness
    mysterious ways
    new york
    numb
    please
    running to stand still / where the streets ....
    stuck in a moment ....
    ultra violet
    until the end of the world
    with or without you

download
    (note: WE are not professionals)

AND there's one great band that ,in my opinion, made really great U2 covers ...
    a dutch band called Kane:

Pride
    Acrobat (it's just the greatest and powerful version i've ever heard !!!! )
    all i want is you
    bullet the blue sky
    i will follow
    the electric co.
    the unforgettable fire
    one
    where the streets ....
    runnign to stand still
    love is blindness

part1
    part2
    (note: THEY are Professionals !)

8. The Dutch band Kane is not really an U2 cover band, U2 are just their (musical) heroes and therefore they decided to do a few U2 tribute shows to express their love for U2.

But the show is great, I own the CD and DVD, Acrobat, IWF and Electric Co. are really great.
  9. waouh !!! i'd really love to "SEE" them live !!!
    is it a DVD or a rip ?
  10. The Unforgettable Fire, Elevation USA, and The Joshua Tree are probably the top 3 U2 tribute bands in the States. They're based in New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles, respectively. All three of them are outstanding!
  11. Well, i know Kane, and i do really like some of their songs. But I don't really like the frontman's voice. I guess i have to try the recordings Spiral Staircase sent!
  12. Coldplay